You love indulging in spicy and flavorful dishes, and today you’re in for a treat with a mouthwatering Hyderabadi Chicken 65 recipe.
This famous Indian dish is known for its bold flavors and tender chicken bites. Get ready to experience the perfect blend of spices, as you marinate the chicken and prepare the spicy coating.
With each bite, you’ll savor the explosion of flavors and enjoy the freedom of creating a delicious Hyderabadi Chicken 65 right at home.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Hyderabadi Chicken 65 Recipe
- 3 Ingredients Needed for Hyderabadi Chicken 65
- 4 Step-By-Step Instructions for Marinating the Chicken
- 5 How to Prepare the Spicy Coating for the Chicken
- 6 Cooking the Chicken to Perfection
- 7 Serving and Enjoying Your Hyderabadi Chicken 65
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Use Boneless Chicken for the Hyderabadi Chicken 65 Recipe?
- 9.2 Can I Substitute Regular Yogurt With Greek Yogurt for Marinating the Chicken?
- 9.3 Is It Necessary to Use Red Food Coloring for the Spicy Coating of the Chicken?
- 9.4 Can I Bake the Chicken Instead of Deep Frying It for a Healthier Option?
- 9.5 What Side Dishes Pair Well With Hyderabadi Chicken 65?
- 10 Conclusion
- Hyderabadi Chicken 65 is a popular dish made with boneless chicken pieces marinated in a classic marinade of yogurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Alternative marinade options include buttermilk, cumin, and coriander, while tenderizing options include raw papaya paste or meat tenderizer.
- The minimum marinating time for the chicken is 2 hours, and customization options include adding green chilies, chili flakes, lemon juice, or Greek yogurt.
- The spicy coating for the chicken is made by combining all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, and turmeric. Adding whisked egg, rice flour, or semolina can enhance the crispiness of the coating. Cooking the chicken involves frying it until golden brown and crispy.
Hyderabadi Chicken 65 RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Hyderabadi Chicken 65 is a beloved dish that hails from the vibrant city of Hyderabad in southern India. Known for its rich history, distinct culture, and most notably, its delectable cuisine, Hyderabad serves as the birthplace of this flavor-packed chicken dish.
Chicken 65 is cherished for its fiery spices, tender chicken, and the burst of flavors that it brings to your palate. Whether you're hosting a gathering or simply craving a spicy treat, this recipe is your ticket to culinary bliss. We'll take you through the process of making the perfect Hyderabadi Chicken 65 right in your kitchen.
500 grams boneless chicken pieces
2 tablespoons yogurt
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
1 tablespoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
10-12 curry leaves
3-4 green chilies
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
Cooking oil for deep frying
- Wash and clean the boneless chicken pieces. Drain excess water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cleaned chicken pieces, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and a pinch of salt. Mix well and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, and then add it to the marinated chicken mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle cornflour and all-purpose flour over the chicken. Combine until the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the marinated chicken pieces one by one and fry until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- In a separate pan, heat a little oil and add curry leaves and green chilies. Sauté until they become aromatic.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to this pan and toss them well, ensuring that the chicken is coated with the aromatic curry leaves and chilies.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chicken for that extra zing.
- Your Hyderabadi Chicken 65 is ready to be served. Enjoy it hot and spicy!
Ingredients Needed for Hyderabadi Chicken 65
To make Hyderabadi Chicken 65, you’ll need a variety of ingredients. There are different variations of Chicken 65, but the traditional Hyderabadi version uses boneless chicken pieces marinated in a mixture of yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
However, if you prefer a spicier version, you can add green chilies or chili flakes to the marinade. For a tangy twist, you can also squeeze some lemon juice into the marinade. Additionally, you can experiment with alternative ingredients for Hyderabadi Chicken 65, such as using chicken wings instead of boneless chicken or substituting Greek yogurt for regular yogurt. These variations allow you to customize the dish according to your taste preferences.
Now, let’s move on to the step-by-step instructions for marinating the chicken.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Marinating the Chicken
Now, let’s move on to marinating the chicken for the Hyderabadi Chicken 65 recipe. Marinating the chicken is an essential step to infuse it with flavor and ensure it stays tender and juicy.
You have a few options when it comes to the marinade. The classic Hyderabadi Chicken 65 marinade includes yogurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. However, you can also experiment with alternative marinade options like using buttermilk or adding spices like cumin or coriander.
To tenderize the chicken, you can add a tablespoon of raw papaya paste or a teaspoon of meat tenderizer to the marinade. These enzymes help break down the proteins and make the chicken more tender.
Once you have marinated the chicken for at least 2 hours, it’s time to move on to the next step: preparing the spicy coating for the chicken.
How to Prepare the Spicy Coating for the Chicken
Once you have marinated the chicken for at least 2 hours, it’s time to move on to preparing the spicy coating for the chicken by following these steps:
Start by combining all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and a variety of spices in a mixing bowl. You can experiment with different variations of chicken 65 by adding your favorite spices like paprika, cayenne pepper, or even a hint of turmeric for a vibrant color.
In a separate bowl, whisk an egg and slowly pour it into the dry ingredient mixture. This will help bind the coating together and create a crispy texture.
For an extra crispy coating, add a tablespoon of rice flour or semolina to the mixture. This will give your chicken a delightful crunch that will leave you wanting more.
Now that your spicy coating is ready, it’s time to move on to the next step – cooking the chicken to perfection.
Cooking the Chicken to Perfection
Start by preheating your frying pan or deep fryer to ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and achieves a golden, crispy exterior. The key to cooking the chicken to perfection lies in using the best cooking techniques and exploring different variations of chicken 65.
Here are some expert tips to help you nail this dish every time:
Temperature: Maintain a constant oil temperature of 350°F (175°C) for deep-frying. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly without becoming greasy.
Marination: Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to infuse it with flavor and tenderize the meat.
Breading: Dip the marinated chicken pieces in a mixture of flour and spices, ensuring they’re well coated. This creates a crispy crust when fried.
Cooking time: Fry the chicken until it turns golden brown and crispy, usually for about 6-8 minutes. Avoid overcrowding the pan, as it can affect the cooking time and result in unevenly cooked chicken.
Experiment with different variations of chicken 65, such as adding curry leaves, yogurt, or different spice blends, to create your own signature dish. Enjoy the freedom to explore and create a chicken 65 that suits your taste buds.
Serving and Enjoying Your Hyderabadi Chicken 65
To fully experience the deliciousness of your Hyderabadi Chicken 65, it’s time to serve and savor this delectable dish. Here are some suggestions to enhance your dining experience:
Different variations of chicken 65 from different regions:
Explore the spicy Andhra-style Chicken 65, known for its fiery red color and robust flavors.
Try the tangy Tamil Nadu-style Chicken 65 that incorporates a hint of lime and curry leaves.
Indulge in the aromatic Kerala-style Chicken 65, which uses coconut oil and fragrant spices.
Pairing Hyderabadi Chicken 65 with delicious side dishes:
Serve it with fluffy basmati rice and a refreshing cucumber raita to balance the heat.
Enjoy it alongside warm butter naan or flaky parathas for a satisfying meal.
Create an Indian fusion feast by pairing it with crispy fries and a zesty mint chutney.
These combinations will complement the flavors of the Hyderabadi Chicken 65 and elevate your dining experience to new heights. So, go ahead and savor every bite!
- Calories: 328 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Sodium: 738mg
- Potassium: 285mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 855IU
- Vitamin C: 97mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- Iron: 2mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Boneless Chicken for the Hyderabadi Chicken 65 Recipe?
Yes, you can use boneless chicken for the recipe. It’s a great alternative if you prefer meat without bones. You can still enjoy the delicious flavors by marinating it with different spices and ingredients.
Can I Substitute Regular Yogurt With Greek Yogurt for Marinating the Chicken?
Yes, you can substitute regular yogurt with Greek yogurt for marinating the chicken. It will enhance the flavor and add a creamy texture to the dish. You’ll enjoy the tangy taste and the tender chicken.
Is It Necessary to Use Red Food Coloring for the Spicy Coating of the Chicken?
Using red food coloring for the spicy coating of the chicken is not necessary. There are natural food coloring alternatives that can be used, giving the dish a vibrant color. Different variations of Hyderabadi Chicken 65 exist, allowing for personal customization. Enjoy the freedom to experiment!
Can I Bake the Chicken Instead of Deep Frying It for a Healthier Option?
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, baking the chicken instead of deep frying it is a great option. It reduces the amount of oil used and can still give you a crispy and delicious result.
What Side Dishes Pair Well With Hyderabadi Chicken 65?
Looking for some tasty accompaniments to go with your Hyderabadi Chicken 65? Popular Indian spices for marinating the chicken can be complemented by vegetarian side dishes like vegetable biryani and raita. Enjoy the freedom to indulge!
Get ready for a taste explosion with our Hyderabadi Chicken 65 recipe! This spicy, flavorful dish will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
The tender, marinated chicken coated in a fiery spice mix is cooked to perfection, resulting in a mouthwatering dish that will have you coming back for seconds.
Serve it up at your next gathering and watch your guests be blown away by the explosion of flavors.
Don’t miss out on this sensational dish!