Craving the mouthwatering taste of Bojangles’ famous fried chicken, but don’t want to wait in line? Look no further! With our copycat recipe, you can recreate that irresistible flavor right in your own kitchen.
Imagine sinking your teeth into golden, crispy coating that gives way to juicy and tender chicken. This step-by-step guide will reveal the secret ingredient and technique that will have you serving up Bojangles-level perfection in no time.
Get ready to liberate your taste buds!
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Bojangles Copycat Chicken Recipe
- 3 The Secret Ingredient for Perfectly Seasoned Chicken
- 4 The Crispy Coating Technique That Makes All the Difference
- 5 The Key to Juicy and Tender Chicken Every Time
- 6 A Step-by-Step Guide to Bojangles’ Signature Spice Blend
- 7 Nutritional Facts:-
- 8 Pro Tips for Achieving Bojangles-Level Fried Chicken Perfection
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 How Many Calories Are in Bojangles’ Copycat Chicken Recipe?
- 9.2 Can I Use a Different Type of Meat Instead of Chicken for This Recipe?
- 9.3 How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken Before Cooking?
- 9.4 What Temperature Should the Oil Be for Frying the Chicken?
- 9.5 Can I Bake the Chicken Instead of Frying It to Make It Healthier?
- 10 What Makes Bojangles Copycat Chicken Recipe Similar to Song Of The South Chicken Recipe?
- 11 Conclusion
- Use a secret ingredient for perfectly seasoned chicken.
- Experiment with different seasonings and techniques for the ideal balance of flavors.
- Use a combination of flour and cornstarch for a crispy coating.
- Achieve juicy and tender chicken through the right cooking technique and marinating.
Bojangles Copycat Chicken RecipeCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Southern AmericanDifficulty: Intermediate
Get ready to embark on a culinary journey that celebrates the heartwarming flavors of the South with our Bojangles Copycat Chicken Recipe. This recipe is your passport to creating the irresistible, crispy, and savory chicken that Bojangles is famous for. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a home cook looking for a flavorful adventure, this recipe will have you savoring every bite.
4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
8 pieces of bone-in chicken (mix of thighs and drumsticks)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust for spice preference)
1 cup buttermilk
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven to 350°F (175°C)
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the seasoned flour mixture, ensuring it's well coated. Shake off any excess.
- Dip the coated chicken into the buttermilk, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Once again, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour mixture, pressing the flour onto the chicken to create a crispy coating.
- Carefully place the chicken into the hot oil, a few pieces at a time, without overcrowding the skillet. Fry for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
The Secret Ingredient for Perfectly Seasoned Chicken
You should always use a secret ingredient for perfectly seasoned chicken.
When it comes to alternative seasoning options for flavorful chicken, there are countless possibilities to explore. From herbs and spices to marinades and rubs, the key is to find the perfect balance that will elevate the taste of your fried chicken.
One option is to use a combination of garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
Another alternative is to create a marinade using buttermilk, lemon juice, and a blend of herbs like thyme, rosemary, and oregano. This won’t only infuse the chicken with flavor but also tenderize the meat, resulting in a juicy and succulent dish.
Experiment with different seasonings and techniques until you achieve the ideal balance of flavors for your fried chicken.
The Crispy Coating Technique That Makes All the Difference
Using a combination of flour and cornstarch to create the crispy coating is what sets this Bojangles copycat chicken recipe apart. The secret to achieving a perfectly crispy coating lies in the ratio of flour to cornstarch. The flour provides structure and a light, airy texture, while the cornstarch adds an extra crunch.
To ensure the coating sticks to the chicken, it’s important to pat the chicken dry and season it generously with salt and pepper before dredging it in the flour and cornstarch mixture. For those looking to add a twist to the classic seasoning, you can experiment with alternative options like paprika, garlic powder, or even a hint of cayenne pepper for a little kick.
Now that you’ve mastered the crispy coating secrets, let’s move on to the key to juicy and tender chicken every time.
The Key to Juicy and Tender Chicken Every Time
With the right cooking technique and by marinating the chicken in a flavorful mixture, you can ensure that your chicken turns out juicy and tender every time.
One key method to achieve this is through brining. Brining involves soaking the chicken in a saltwater solution, which helps to retain moisture and enhance flavor. To brine your chicken, simply dissolve salt in water and submerge the chicken for a few hours before cooking.
Another important factor is the cooking time and temperature. Overcooking chicken can result in dry and tough meat, so it’s crucial to cook it at the right temperature and for the right amount of time. Generally, chicken should be cooked at 165°F for about 20-30 minutes per pound.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Bojangles’ Signature Spice Blend
To recreate Bojangles’ signature spice blend, gather the necessary ingredients and follow these step-by-step instructions. Here’s how you can make your own version of this iconic blend:
- Start with a base of paprika and cayenne pepper for a bold and fiery kick.
- Add in some garlic powder and onion powder to enhance the savory flavors.
- Incorporate a touch of dried thyme and dried basil for a hint of herbal freshness.
- To balance out the flavors, mix in a bit of black pepper and salt.
For a healthier twist, you can opt for alternatives like smoked paprika and chili powder instead of cayenne pepper, or use less salt to reduce sodium intake.
- Calories: 500-550 kcal
- Protein: 25-30g
- Carbohydrates: 20-25g
- Dietary Fiber: 1-2g
- Sugars: 1-2g
- Fat: 30-35g
- Saturated Fat: 6-8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 80-100mg
- Sodium: 1000-1200mg
- Potassium: 250-300mg
- Vitamin D: 0-1mcg (0-5% DV)
- Calcium: 20-25mg (2-3% DV)
- Iron: 1-2mg (6-11% DV)
- Vitamin A: 200-250 IU (4-5% DV)
- Vitamin C: 0-1mg (0-2% DV)
Pro Tips for Achieving Bojangles-Level Fried Chicken Perfection
To achieve Bojangles-level fried chicken perfection, you’ll need two essential ingredients and a simple technique. First, let’s talk about frying temperature control. Maintaining the right temperature is crucial for crispy, golden chicken. Too low and the chicken will be greasy, too high and it will burn. Aim for a frying temperature of around 350-375°F (175-190°C) for the perfect balance.
Now, let’s discuss the best oil for deep frying. Bojangles uses a blend of oils for their signature fried chicken. You can recreate this by combining equal parts of vegetable oil and peanut oil. This combination gives you the ideal balance of flavor and high smoke point, ensuring a crispy and flavorful result.
Remember, control the frying temperature and use the right oil, and you’ll be on your way to achieving Bojangles-level fried chicken perfection. Now, let’s dive into the recipe and technique to make your taste buds sing!
|Frying Temperature Control||Best Oil for Deep Frying|
|Aim for 350-375°F (175-190°C)||Combine equal parts of vegetable oil and peanut oil|
|Too low makes chicken greasy||Gives a perfect balance of flavor and high smoke point|
|Too high burns the chicken||Ensures crispy and flavorful result|
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Calories Are in Bojangles’ Copycat Chicken Recipe?
You’re curious about the calories in a copycat chicken recipe and the nutritional value of Bojangles chicken. Well, let me tell you, it’s important to be aware of the calories in your food for a healthier lifestyle.
Can I Use a Different Type of Meat Instead of Chicken for This Recipe?
Yes, you can use alternative meats for this recipe. It’s important to consider the nutritional value of different meats. Get creative and try options like turkey, pork, or even tofu to suit your tastes and dietary preferences.
How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken Before Cooking?
To achieve the best flavor, marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. Experiment with different marinating techniques and seasonings like garlic, herbs, and lemon juice to enhance the taste. Let your culinary creativity soar!
What Temperature Should the Oil Be for Frying the Chicken?
To achieve crispy perfection, heat your oil to an ideal temperature for frying. This ensures that your chicken cooks evenly and doesn’t end up greasy. Mastering the best frying techniques will set you free in the kitchen.
Can I Bake the Chicken Instead of Frying It to Make It Healthier?
If you’re looking to make your chicken healthier, baking it instead of frying is a great alternative. Baking retains more nutrients and requires less oil, making it a better choice for those seeking health benefits.
What Makes Bojangles Copycat Chicken Recipe Similar to Song Of The South Chicken Recipe?
The essence of any copycat recipe lies in its resemblance to the original dish. When it comes to the Bojangles Copycat Chicken Recipe, it irresistibly brings to mind the renowned song of the south chicken recipe. Both recipes capture the delectable flavors of Southern-style fried chicken, evoking a sense of nostalgia and culinary satisfaction.
So there you have it, a step-by-step guide to recreating Bojangles’ famous fried chicken at home.
With the secret ingredient, the crispy coating technique, and the key to juicy and tender chicken, you’ll be able to achieve Bojangles-level perfection in no time.
So why wait in line when you can indulge in this mouthwatering copycat recipe in the comfort of your own kitchen?
Give it a try and prepare to be amazed!