Did you know that chicken inasal is one of the most popular Filipino dishes, enjoyed by people all over the world? If you’re craving that juicy, flavorful grilled chicken, then this recipe is for you!
Marinate the chicken in a tangy mixture, fire up the grill, and get ready for a mouthwatering meal. With this simple and delicious recipe, you’ll have the freedom to enjoy the authentic taste of chicken inasal right in your own home.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Chicken Inasal Recipe
- 3 Ingredients for Chicken Inasal
- 4 Marinating the Chicken
- 5 Preparing the Grilling Equipment
- 6 Grilling the Chicken
- 7 Serving and Enjoying Chicken Inasal
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Use a Different Type of Meat Other Than Chicken for This Recipe?
- 9.2 How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken for the Best Flavor?
- 9.3 Can I Use a Regular Oven Instead of a Grill to Cook the Chicken?
- 9.4 What Are Some Common Side Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Inasal?
- 9.5 Can I Make Chicken Inasal in Advance and Reheat It Later?
- 10 Conclusion
- Chicken inasal is a popular Filipino dish enjoyed worldwide.
- The marinade for chicken inasal consists of vinegar, calamansi juice, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and annatto oil, which add depth and flavor to the chicken.
- Marinating the chicken is an essential step in achieving the delicious flavor of chicken inasal.
- Preheating and cleaning the grill thoroughly before grilling the chicken ensures even cooking, crispy skin, and prevents sticking.
Chicken Inasal RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: FilipinoDifficulty: Medium
Chicken Inasal is a beloved Filipino dish known for its succulent, marinated chicken, grilled to perfection. This dish offers a perfect blend of savory and tangy flavors, making it a delightful treat for your taste buds. Follow this simple recipe to recreate the magic of Chicken Inasal in your own kitchen.
4 boneless chicken thighs
1/2 cup calamansi juice (or lime juice)
1/2 cup coconut vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
1 teaspoon annatto powder
1/2 cup Sprite or 7UP
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine calamansi juice, coconut vinegar, minced garlic, chopped lemongrass, annatto powder, and Sprite. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then place them in the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated chicken thighs onto skewers, allowing excess marinade to drip off.
- Grill the chicken for about 10-15 minutes on each side or until fully cooked and charred.
- Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade during grilling for extra flavor.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Ingredients for Chicken Inasal
To make Chicken Inasal, you’ll need a variety of ingredients that come together to create its delicious and flavorful marinade. There are different variations of chicken inasal, but the basic ingredients remain the same.
The main component is chicken, preferably thigh or leg meat, which is known for its juicy and tender texture. The marinade is made from a combination of vinegar, calamansi juice, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and annatto oil. These ingredients not only add depth and flavor to the chicken but also have numerous health benefits.
Vinegar is known to aid digestion and help control blood sugar levels. Garlic and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties, while lemongrass is rich in antioxidants. Annatto oil, derived from annatto seeds, is known to have anti-cancer properties.
Marinating the Chicken
To marinate the chicken for Chicken Inasal, you’ll need to prepare a flavorful marinade using the ingredients mentioned in the previous subtopic.
There are different ways to marinate chicken, each producing its own unique flavors. One way is to simply mix the marinade ingredients together and let the chicken soak in it for a few hours or overnight.
Another way is to use a ziplock bag, add the marinade and chicken, and massage the bag to ensure even distribution. For the perfect flavor, make sure to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours, allowing the flavors to penetrate the meat. You can also pierce the chicken with a fork to allow the marinade to seep in.
Remember to refrigerate the chicken while marinating to prevent bacterial growth. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful your Chicken Inasal will be.
Preparing the Grilling Equipment
Now that you have marinated the chicken for Chicken Inasal, it’s time to prepare your grilling equipment.
Before you start grilling, it’s important to clean the grill thoroughly. Use a wire brush to scrub off any residue from previous cooking sessions. This will ensure that your chicken cooks evenly and doesn’t stick to the grill.
Once the grill is clean, it’s time to preheat it. Turn the burners on high and close the lid. Allow the grill to heat up for about 10-15 minutes. This will help to create those beautiful grill marks and give your chicken that smoky flavor.
Now that your grill is clean and preheated, you’re ready to move on to the next step: grilling the chicken.
Grilling the Chicken
Clean the grill thoroughly before grilling the chicken, using a wire brush to remove any residue. This step is crucial to ensure that your chicken inasal turns out perfectly grilled. Once the grill is clean, it’s time to start grilling the chicken.
Here are some grilling techniques and flavor variations to enhance your chicken inasal experience:
- Direct grilling: Place the chicken directly over the heat source for a quick cooking time and crispy skin.
- Indirect grilling: Cook the chicken away from the direct heat for a slower cooking process, resulting in juicy and tender meat.
- Marinating variations: Experiment with different marinades like soy sauce, calamansi, and garlic for a tangy twist, or use traditional inasal marinade for an authentic flavor.
Now that you have grilled the chicken to perfection, it’s time to move on to the next step – serving and enjoying chicken inasal.
Serving and Enjoying Chicken Inasal
You can enhance your chicken inasal experience by serving and enjoying it with a variety of delicious accompaniments. Pairing chicken inasal with traditional Filipino side dishes adds depth and flavor to your meal. In the Philippines, different regions have their own unique variations of chicken inasal, each with its own distinct taste and ingredients. Exploring these regional variations allows you to discover new flavors and textures that will take your chicken inasal experience to the next level. Here is a table showcasing some popular Filipino side dishes that pair well with chicken inasal:
|Garlic Rice||Fragrant rice cooked with garlic and served as a staple alongside inasal|
|Atchara||Pickled green papaya or vegetables that provide a tangy contrast|
|Sinamak||Spicy vinegar made with chili, garlic, and other aromatic ingredients|
- Calories: 320
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 590mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use a Different Type of Meat Other Than Chicken for This Recipe?
Yes, you can definitely use a different type of meat for this recipe. Some popular alternatives include pork, beef, or even seafood like shrimp. Just make sure to marinate the meat for maximum flavor!
How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken for the Best Flavor?
For the best flavor, marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat, resulting in a juicy and flavorful dish that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
Can I Use a Regular Oven Instead of a Grill to Cook the Chicken?
Using an oven for Chicken Inasal is possible, but it may not give you the same smoky flavor as grilling. However, you can still achieve tender and juicy chicken by adjusting cooking time and temperature.
What Are Some Common Side Dishes That Go Well With Chicken Inasal?
Looking for delicious vegetarian alternatives or unique twists on traditional side dishes to pair with chicken inasal? We’ve got you covered! Here are some mouthwatering options that will elevate your meal to a whole new level.
Can I Make Chicken Inasal in Advance and Reheat It Later?
Sure, you can totally make chicken inasal in advance and reheat it later! Just remember to marinate the chicken for at least a couple of hours beforehand to let those flavors really soak in.
In conclusion, Chicken Inasal is a delicious Filipino dish that’s perfect for grilling enthusiasts. With its flavorful marinade and tender meat, it’s a favorite among many.
Did you know that Chicken Inasal is so popular in the Philippines that it’s estimated that over 1 million servings are consumed every day?
So, grab your grilling equipment and indulge in this mouthwatering dish that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.