You’re in for a mouthwatering treat with this chicken philly recipe that’s bursting with flavor. Get ready to indulge in tender, juicy chicken smothered in a tangy Worcestershire sauce.
Sauteed onions and peppers add a delightful crunch, while the warm, soft bread holds it all together.
This recipe is perfect for those who crave the freedom to enjoy a delicious meal that satisfies their taste buds.
So, let’s dive in and create a chicken philly that will leave you craving for more.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Chicken Philly Recipe With Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 The Ingredients You’ll Need
- 4 Preparing the Chicken
- 5 Sautéing the Onions and Peppers
- 6 Making the Tangy Worcestershire Sauce
- 7 Assembling and Serving the Chicken Philly
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Substitute Worcestershire Sauce With Any Other Sauce?
- 9.2 How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken in the Worcestershire Sauce?
- 9.3 Can I Use Frozen Chicken Breasts for This Recipe?
- 9.4 Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese Instead of Provolone?
- 9.5 Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian by Replacing the Chicken With a Meat Substitute?
- 10 Can I Substitute Worcestershire Sauce for French Onion Dip in the Chicken Recipe?
- 11 Conclusion
- Marinating the chicken in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and olive oil enhances the flavor and juiciness of the chicken.
- Sautéing the onions and peppers adds a delicious caramelized flavor and texture to the Chicken Philly.
- Making the tangy Worcestershire sauce from apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, molasses, and spices adds a flavorful punch to the dish.
- Assembling the Chicken Philly with melted provolone or mozzarella cheese, toasted bun, and optional toppings creates a tasty and customizable sandwich.
Chicken Philly Recipe With Worcestershire SauceCourse: main courseCuisine: American, specifically Philadelphia-inspiredDifficulty: intermediate
Are you ready to indulge in the flavors of Philadelphia right in your own kitchen? This Chicken Philly recipe with Worcestershire sauce will transport your taste buds to the bustling streets of Philly, where this iconic sandwich was born. Packed with tender chicken, sautéed peppers, onions, and a Worcestershire sauce twist, it's a savory delight that's perfect for lunch or dinner.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
4 slices of provolone cheese
4 hoagie rolls
Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by marinating the chicken breasts in Worcestershire sauce for 30 minutes. This will infuse them with rich, savory flavors.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken breasts and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side or until they are no longer pink in the center. Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a bit more olive oil if needed, and then add the sliced onions and bell peppers. Sauté them until they become tender and slightly caramelized.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts into thin strips and add them back to the skillet with the sautéed vegetables. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat everything through.
- To assemble your Chicken Philly sandwiches, place a slice of provolone cheese on the bottom half of each hoagie roll. Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture on top of the cheese, and then add the top half of the roll.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil and place it in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes to melt the cheese and warm the rolls.
- Serve your Chicken Philly sandwiches hot, with extra Worcestershire sauce for dipping if desired.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
You’ll need a variety of ingredients for this Chicken Philly recipe. While the classic version calls for thinly sliced chicken, onions, peppers, and provolone cheese, there are plenty of variations you can try to add your own twist.
For alternative seasoning options, you can experiment with spices like garlic powder, paprika, or even a dash of cayenne pepper for some heat. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could also swap out the traditional provolone cheese for something different, like Swiss or mozzarella.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and make this recipe your own. After all, the beauty of cooking is the freedom to explore different flavors and find what suits your taste buds best.
Preparing the Chicken
To start preparing the chicken, marinate it in a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and olive oil for at least 30 minutes. This step is crucial as it infuses the chicken with rich flavors and helps to tenderize the meat.
In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade, ensuring they’re fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to penetrate the chicken.
Once the marinating time is up, it’s time to grill the chicken. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates to prevent sticking. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard any excess liquid.
Grill the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. The chicken should be nicely browned and juicy. Remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Sautéing the Onions and Peppers
First, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions and peppers until they are tender and slightly caramelized. This step is crucial to adding a burst of flavor to your Chicken Philly. As the onions and peppers cook, they release their natural sweetness, creating a caramelized effect that enhances the overall taste of the dish. The aroma that fills your kitchen will make your mouth water in anticipation. To take it up a notch, you can add a touch of spice by sprinkling some red pepper flakes or paprika into the skillet. This will give your Chicken Philly a subtle kick that will keep you coming back for more.
To help you visualize the process, here’s a handy table outlining the steps to sautéing the onions and peppers:
|Heat the oil||Start by heating a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet.|
|Add onions||Once the oil is hot, add the sliced onions to the skillet.|
|Sauté onions||Stir the onions occasionally until they become translucent and start to brown.|
|Add peppers||After the onions have caramelized, add the sliced peppers to the skillet.|
|Sauté peppers||Continue cooking and stirring until the peppers are tender and have a slight char on the edges.|
Making the Tangy Worcestershire Sauce
Now, let’s dive into how you can effortlessly whip up the tangy Worcestershire sauce to elevate the flavors of your Chicken Philly. Making variations of Worcestershire sauce allows you to customize the taste according to your preferences.
To start, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat.
In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring them to a simmer over medium heat. Let the sauce cook for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Once done, remove from heat and let it cool before using.
This tangy Worcestershire sauce isn’t just limited to Chicken Philly; it can also be used in other recipes like marinades, dressings, and even as a condiment for burgers or sandwiches. Get creative and explore the versatility of this flavorful sauce in your cooking adventures.
Assembling and Serving the Chicken Philly
You can now assemble and serve the delicious Chicken Philly to enjoy its mouthwatering flavors. Follow these tips to ensure that your cheese melts perfectly and experiment with creative toppings to take your Chicken Philly to the next level:
Cheese melting perfection: To achieve gooey, melted cheese, place a slice of provolone or mozzarella on top of the cooked chicken and vegetables while they’re still hot. The residual heat will help melt the cheese and create a deliciously cheesy topping.
Toasted bun: For added texture and flavor, lightly toast the bun before assembling your Chicken Philly. This will give your sandwich a nice crunch and prevent the bread from getting soggy.
Creative toppings: Don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings. Consider adding sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, or even jalapeños for a spicy kick. These toppings will add extra layers of flavor and take your Chicken Philly to new heights.
Serve with a side: Complete your meal by serving your Chicken Philly with a side of crispy fries or a fresh green salad. The combination of the juicy chicken, melted cheese, and flavorful toppings, paired with a side dish, will make for a satisfying and delicious meal.
Now that you have assembled and served your Chicken Philly, take a bite and savor the explosion of flavors. Enjoy!
- Calories: Approximately 450-500 calories per sandwich
- Protein: Approximately 35-40 grams per sandwich
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 30-35 grams per sandwich
- Dietary Fiber: Approximately 2-3 grams per sandwich
- Total Fat: Approximately 18-20 grams per sandwich
- Saturated Fat: Approximately 6-8 grams per sandwich
- Cholesterol: Approximately 90-100 milligrams per sandwich
- Sodium: Approximately 700-750 milligrams per sandwich
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Substitute Worcestershire Sauce With Any Other Sauce?
You can definitely substitute Worcestershire sauce with other sauces in your chicken recipes. Experiment with different flavors to find the best sauce for your taste. Get creative and enjoy the freedom to explore various options!
How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken in the Worcestershire Sauce?
Marinating chicken in Worcestershire sauce is a great way to enhance flavor and tenderize the meat. The length of marination depends on personal preference, but generally, a minimum of 30 minutes is recommended for the sauce to work its magic.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Breasts for This Recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe. To thaw them quickly, place them in a sealed plastic bag and submerge in cold water for about 30 minutes, changing the water every 10 minutes.
Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese Instead of Provolone?
Sure, you can definitely use a different type of cheese instead of provolone. There are plenty of cheese alternatives for Chicken Philly that you can try. Get creative and choose a cheese that suits your taste buds!
Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian by Replacing the Chicken With a Meat Substitute?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegetarian by replacing the chicken with a meat substitute. There are many options available, such as tofu, tempeh, or seitan. These alternatives can still provide a delicious flavor profile for your Philly sandwich.
Can I Substitute Worcestershire Sauce for French Onion Dip in the Chicken Recipe?
When making a chicken recipe with french onion dip, Worcestershire sauce can serve as a potential substitute. However, keep in mind that the overall flavor profile may vary due to the distinct taste of Worcestershire sauce. It is always advisable to experiment in small quantities before committing to it in larger batches.
In conclusion, this chicken Philly recipe with Worcestershire sauce is a mouthwatering delight that will leave you craving for more.
The tender chicken, sautéed onions and peppers, and tangy Worcestershire sauce come together like a perfectly synchronized dance.
With each bite, you’ll be transported to a flavor paradise, as if you were floating on a cloud of culinary bliss.
So why wait? Gather your ingredients, follow the easy steps, and treat yourself to this heavenly chicken Philly experience today.