Imagine a world where you can whip up a mouthwatering orange chicken dish with just four simple ingredients. No need to spend hours in the kitchen or break the bank on exotic spices. This recipe is the epitome of simplicity, yet delivers big on flavor.
Tender chicken coated in a tangy orange glaze that will have your taste buds dancing with delight. Get ready to experience the easiest and most delicious orange chicken you’ve ever made.
Freedom and flavor await!
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken Recipe
- 3 The Easiest Orange Chicken Ever
- 4 Four Ingredients to Flavorful Chicken
- 5 A Quick and Delicious Orange Chicken Recipe
- 6 How to Make Orange Chicken With Just Four Ingredients
- 7 Nutritional Facts:-
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8.1 Can I Use Boneless Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts in This Recipe?
- 8.2 Can I Substitute Orange Juice With Another Citrus Fruit Juice?
- 8.3 Can I Use Pre-Made Orange Sauce Instead of Making It From Scratch?
- 8.4 Can I Use Frozen Chicken Instead of Fresh Chicken?
- 8.5 Can I Make This Recipe in an Air Fryer Instead of Frying the Chicken?
- 9 Can I Use the Same Recipe for Chicken Diego With Only 4 Ingredients?
- 10 Conclusion
- Orange chicken combines the tangy sweetness of oranges with tender chicken, creating a delicious and flavorful dish.
- Oranges are packed with vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and protects against colds and flu.
- The four key ingredients for flavorful orange chicken are garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and honey, which create a harmonious blend of taste.
- The recipe for orange chicken is simple and quick, making it an easy option for busy weeknights, and it can be customized to suit individual dietary preferences or restrictions.
4 Ingredient Orange Chicken RecipeCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Asian-inspiredDifficulty: easy
Looking for a quick and delicious dinner idea? Look no further! Our 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken Recipe is a flavor-packed dish that's both easy to prepare and incredibly satisfying. With just four simple ingredients, you can whip up a mouthwatering meal that the whole family will love. The zesty orange flavor combined with tender chicken will tantalize your taste buds, making it a go-to recipe for busy weeknights. Let's dive into this culinary delight!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Step 1: Begin by slicing the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and set them aside.
- Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine the orange marmalade and soy sauce. This will be your delicious marinade.
- Step 3: Place the chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag and pour half of the marinade over them. Seal the bag, ensuring the chicken is evenly coated. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
The Easiest Orange Chicken Ever
You can make the easiest orange chicken ever by following this simple recipe. Orange chicken is a popular dish that combines the tangy sweetness of oranges with tender chicken. Not only is it delicious, but it also has health benefits. Oranges are packed with vitamin C, which boosts your immune system and helps protect against colds and flu.
To make this dish, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, and vegetable oil for frying. Start by cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, and cornstarch to create a thick sauce. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken until golden brown. Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook until it thickens. Serve with rice or noodles for a complete meal.
Now, let’s move on to the next section to discover the four ingredients that will make your chicken even more flavorful.
Four Ingredients to Flavorful Chicken
To achieve flavorful chicken, try adding both garlic and ginger to your marinade. These two ingredients not only enhance the taste of the chicken, but also add depth and complexity to the overall flavor. Garlic brings a savory, slightly pungent note, while ginger adds a hint of spiciness and warmth. Together, they create a harmonious blend that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
When it comes to creating flavorful marinades for easy weeknight dinners, there are a few key ingredients that can make all the difference. In addition to garlic and ginger, consider incorporating soy sauce for a salty umami kick, and honey for a touch of sweetness that balances out the flavors. The combination of these four ingredients will transform your chicken into a mouthwatering dish that will leave you craving for more.
Now that you know the secret to flavorful marinades, let’s dive into a quick and delicious orange chicken recipe that showcases the power of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and honey in creating a truly sensational dish.
A Quick and Delicious Orange Chicken Recipe
For a quick and delicious orange chicken recipe, start by marinating the chicken in a tangy blend of orange juice and soy sauce. This marinade infuses the chicken with a burst of citrus flavor and creates a tender and juicy texture. Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how to make this delectable dish:
Marinate the chicken: In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of honey. Add the chicken pieces and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for maximum flavor.
Coat the chicken: In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Take each marinated chicken piece and coat it evenly in the flour mixture.
Fry the chicken: Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken in batches until golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
Make the sauce: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1/4 cup of honey, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
Serve and customize: Arrange the crispy orange chicken on a platter and pour the sauce over it. Serve with steamed rice and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. To customize the recipe, you can add diced bell peppers or pineapple chunks to the sauce for a sweet and savory twist.
Now, you have a mouthwatering orange chicken dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!
|Chicken (boneless, skinless)||1 pound|
|Orange juice||1 cup|
|Soy sauce||1/2 cup|
|All-purpose flour||1 cup|
How to Make Orange Chicken With Just Four Ingredients
How can you make orange chicken with just four ingredients? It may sound impossible, but this quick weeknight dinner isn’t only delicious but also kid-friendly. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal that the whole family will love. Here’s how:
- Chicken: Start by cutting boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Orange marmalade: The star ingredient of this recipe, orange marmalade adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish.
- Soy sauce: A staple in Asian cuisine, soy sauce adds a savory umami taste to the orange chicken.
- Cornstarch: This ingredient helps thicken the sauce and gives the chicken a crispy coating.
To make the orange chicken, you’ll start by coating the chicken pieces in cornstarch and then frying them until golden brown. In a separate saucepan, you’ll combine the orange marmalade and soy sauce, bringing it to a simmer until it thickens. Finally, you’ll toss the crispy chicken in the orange sauce, ensuring that every piece is coated in the sticky, flavorful glaze.
This four-ingredient orange chicken is a crowd-pleasing dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights. It’s quick, easy, and requires minimal effort, making it a go-to recipe for those days when you need a satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen. Plus, the sweet and tangy flavors of the orange marmalade combined with the savory soy sauce create a winning combination that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Feel free to serve this orange chicken over steamed rice or alongside some veggies for a complete meal. You can even customize it by adding some chopped green onions or sesame seeds for extra flavor and crunch. This versatile recipe allows you to adapt it to your liking, making it a great option for those with dietary preferences or restrictions.
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 calories
- Protein: About 20-25 grams (mainly from chicken)
- Carbohydrates: Around 45-50 grams (mainly from orange marmalade and soy sauce)
- Dietary Fiber: 0-1 gram
- Sugars: Approximately 35-40 grams (mostly from the orange marmalade)
- Fat: Approximately 5-7 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1-2 grams
- Cholesterol: 60-80 milligrams (from chicken)
- Sodium: 800-1000 milligrams (varies based on the soy sauce used and can be reduced with low-sodium soy sauce)
- Vitamins and Minerals: This dish provides some vitamins and minerals, mainly from the chicken, but it’s not particularly rich in these nutrients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Boneless Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts in This Recipe?
Yes, you can definitely use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe. The thighs will add a richer flavor and juiciness to the dish.
As for the alternative citrus fruit juice, you can try using lemon or lime juice instead of orange juice for a different twist. Just make sure to adjust the quantities of the other ingredients accordingly to maintain the balance of flavors.
Can I Substitute Orange Juice With Another Citrus Fruit Juice?
Sure, you can definitely substitute orange juice with another citrus fruit juice in the orange chicken recipe. By using different citrus fruits, you can add unique flavors and depth to the dish.
Lemon juice can provide a tangy and refreshing twist, while grapefruit juice can add a slightly bitter and citrusy taste. Experimenting with lime juice can give the chicken a zesty and vibrant flavor.
Can I Use Pre-Made Orange Sauce Instead of Making It From Scratch?
Sure, you can definitely use pre-made orange sauce instead of making it from scratch for your orange chicken recipe. It can be a convenient alternative, saving you time and effort in the kitchen.
However, there are some benefits to making the orange sauce from scratch. It allows you to control the flavors and adjust the sweetness and tanginess according to your taste preferences.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken Instead of Fresh Chicken?
Frozen chicken vs. fresh chicken, which is better for cooking orange chicken?
While fresh chicken is often preferred for its superior taste and texture, using frozen chicken can be a convenient option. Just make sure to properly thaw the chicken before cooking to ensure even cooking and avoid any potential food safety issues.
When using boneless chicken thighs in the orange chicken recipe, marinating them beforehand can add extra flavor and tenderness. Experiment with different marinades to find your favorite combination!
Can I Make This Recipe in an Air Fryer Instead of Frying the Chicken?
Making orange chicken in an air fryer can be a great alternative to frying the chicken. The air fryer can produce crispy chicken without the need for excessive oil, making it a healthier option. However, the texture mightn’t be exactly the same as when it’s fried.
To achieve crispy chicken in an air fryer, make sure to coat the chicken with a thin layer of oil and preheat the air fryer for a few minutes.
Can I Use the Same Recipe for Chicken Diego With Only 4 Ingredients?
Yes, you can absolutely use the same delicious chicken diego recipe with only four ingredients. By simplifying the recipe, you can still achieve the mouthwatering flavors of this popular dish. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully to ensure the same great taste.
In conclusion, this 4 ingredient orange chicken recipe is a quick and delicious option for anyone looking to enjoy flavorful chicken with minimal effort.
Did you know that orange chicken is a popular dish in American Chinese cuisine, with an estimated 1.5 million servings consumed each day?
With just four simple ingredients, you can recreate this restaurant favorite in the comfort of your own home.
Give it a try and savor the tangy and sweet flavors of this classic dish.