Are you craving a delicious and mouthwatering chicken seekh kabab? Look no further!
In just a few simple steps, you can create a Pakistani-style seekh kabab that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
With juicy and flavorful chicken, fragrant spices, and a touch of charred perfection, these kababs are perfect for any occasion.
So why wait? Get ready to fire up the grill and indulge in a culinary adventure that will set your taste buds free!
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe Pakistani
- 3 Ingredients for Chicken Seekh Kabab
- 4 Step-by-step Instructions
- 5 Tips for Perfectly Grilled Kababs
- 6 Serving Suggestions for Chicken Seekh Kabab
- 7 Variations to Try With Chicken Seekh Kabab
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Conclusion
- Ground chicken is a healthier alternative to red meat due to its lean protein content.
- The combination of finely chopped onions, garlic, and ginger adds a burst of flavor to the kababs.
- Aromatic spices like cumin, coriander, garam masala, and chili powder not only enhance the taste but also offer health benefits.
- Using breadcrumbs or gram flour as a binding agent helps hold the ingredients together in the chicken seekh kababs.
Chicken Seekh Kabab Recipe PakistaniCourse: MainCuisine: PakistaniDifficulty: Medium
Experience the vibrant and diverse flavors of Pakistani cuisine with our tantalizing Chicken Seekh Kabab recipe. Seekh Kababs are a popular street food and appetizer in Pakistan, known for their irresistible taste and aromatic spices.
This recipe combines ground chicken with a medley of traditional Pakistani spices, resulting in tender and juicy kababs that are perfect for grilling. Whether you're hosting a barbecue or craving a flavorful snack, these Chicken Seekh Kababs are sure to satisfy your taste buds.
500g ground chicken
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch piece of ginger, grated
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Metal or bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, grated ginger, and finely chopped green chilies.
- Add the fresh coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, and salt to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to ensure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the gram flour (besan) over the mixture and combine. The besan helps bind the mixture and absorb excess moisture.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over the mixture and knead it with your hands. This will further bind the ingredients and enhance the flavor.
- Once the mixture is well combined, cover it and let it rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This helps the flavors meld together.
- After resting, take a portion of the mixture and mold it onto a metal or bamboo skewer, shaping it into a long, cylindrical kabab.
- Preheat your grill or stovetop griddle to medium-high heat and brush it with a little oil.
- Place the chicken seekh kababs on the grill or griddle, turning occasionally, until they are evenly cooked and have a delightful char.
- Serve the hot Chicken Seekh Kababs with your favorite chutney, naan, or enjoy them as an appetizer.
Ingredients for Chicken Seekh Kabab
To make Chicken Seekh Kabab, you’ll need seven key ingredients. These ingredients not only add flavor, but also contribute to the tenderness and health benefits of the dish.
First, you’ll need ground chicken, which is the star of the kabab. Its lean protein content makes it a healthier alternative to red meat.
Next, you’ll need a mixture of finely chopped onions, garlic, and ginger, adding a burst of flavor.
To enhance the taste, you’ll need a blend of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, garam masala, and chili powder. These spices not only infuse the kababs with a tantalizing aroma, but also offer various health benefits.
Lastly, you’ll need a binding agent, such as breadcrumbs or gram flour, to hold everything together.
With these ingredients, you’re ready to move on to the step-by-step instructions.
Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, let’s dive into the step-by-step instructions for making delicious Chicken Seekh Kababs. These kababs are packed with flavor and are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a meat lover or a vegetarian, there’s a version of seekh kababs for you.
For the juicy chicken seekh kababs, follow these cooking techniques:
- In a food processor, blend together chicken, onions, ginger, garlic, and spices until well combined.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape them into long kebabs.
- Heat a grill pan or barbecue grill and brush with oil.
- Cook the kebabs on medium heat, turning occasionally, until they’re cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and naan bread.
If you prefer vegetarian seekh kababs, here’s how you can make them:
- In a mixing bowl, combine grated vegetables (like carrots, potatoes, and bell peppers), breadcrumbs, and spices.
- Shape the mixture into kebabs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the kebabs until they’re crispy and golden.
- Serve hot with yogurt dip or tamarind chutney.
Enjoy the freedom to experiment with flavors and spices to create your own version of these delicious kababs. Happy cooking!
Tips for Perfectly Grilled Kababs
For perfectly grilled kababs, it’s important to pay attention to a few key tips.
First, make sure to preheat your grill to medium-high heat. This will ensure that the kababs cook evenly and develop a nice char on the outside.
Next, choose the right grilling technique for your kababs. Whether you prefer direct grilling or indirect grilling, both methods can produce delicious results. Direct grilling is great for smaller, thinner kababs that cook quickly, while indirect grilling is ideal for larger, thicker kababs that require more time to cook through.
Lastly, don’t forget about the marinade options. A well-marinated kabab can take your grilling game to the next level. Experiment with different flavors like yogurt-based marinades or spice rubs to enhance the taste of your kababs.
With these grilling techniques and marinade options, you’ll be able to achieve perfectly grilled kababs every time.
Serving Suggestions for Chicken Seekh Kabab
Enhance your Chicken Seekh Kabab experience with these serving suggestions:
Best side dishes to serve with chicken seekh kabab:
- Freshly baked naan or soft roti: The warm and fluffy bread complements the flavors of the kababs perfectly.
- Mint chutney: This tangy and refreshing condiment adds a burst of flavor to the kababs.
- Vegetable Pulao: The aromatic rice dish pairs well with the spicy and juicy kababs.
How to make a delicious yogurt sauce to accompany chicken seekh kabab:
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, chopped mint, crushed garlic, salt, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Whisk until well combined and creamy.
- Serve the yogurt sauce as a cooling and creamy dip alongside the kababs.
Now that you have some ideas for serving chicken seekh kabab, let’s move on to the next section and explore some variations to try with this delicious dish.
Variations to Try With Chicken Seekh Kabab
To further enhance your chicken seekh kabab experience, try these variations. Experimenting with different types of marinades for chicken seekh kabab can take your dish to a whole new level. Whether you prefer a spicy kick or a tangy twist, there are endless possibilities to explore. Here are three marinades that you can try:
|Spicy||Red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, lemon juice|
|Tangy||Tamarind paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, yogurt|
|Herbed||Mint leaves, cilantro, green chili, yogurt, garam masala|
Once your seekh kababs are marinated, it’s time to get creative with the presentation. Here are three creative ways to serve chicken seekh kabab:
- Skewer them with colorful vegetables and serve as kabab skewers.
- Wrap them in soft naan bread with mint chutney and sliced onions for a delicious kabab roll.
- Serve them on a bed of fragrant saffron rice with a side of raita for a complete meal.
Now, go ahead and explore the different flavors and serving ideas to make your chicken seekh kabab experience even more exciting!
- Serving Size: 2 Chicken Seekh Kababs (approximately 100g)
- Calories: 190 kcal
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Potassium: 280mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Vitamin A: 3% DV
- Vitamin C: 6% DV
- Calcium: 3% DV
- Iron: 6% DV
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken For?
Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours to infuse the flavors. But if you want a more intense taste, go for 4-6 hours. Grilling the seekh kababs will give them that smoky char, while the oven option is convenient too. Enjoy the freedom of choice!
Can I Use Boneless Chicken for This Recipe?
Yes, you can use boneless chicken for this recipe. Marinate it for at least 2 hours to infuse the flavors. Remember, marination time is crucial to ensure tender and juicy kababs. Enjoy the freedom to experiment!
Can I Make the Seekh Kababs in the Oven Instead of Grilling Them?
Yes, you can definitely make seekh kababs in the oven instead of grilling them. Baking is a great alternative cooking method for seekh kababs, giving them a delicious, juicy texture.
Can I Freeze the Leftover Seekh Kababs?
Sure, you can freeze the leftover seekh kababs. To keep them fresh, wrap each kabab individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in a freezer-safe container.
Can I Substitute the Ground Chicken With Another Type of Meat, Like Beef or Lamb?
You can substitute the ground chicken with beef or lamb for your seekh kababs. Beef and lamb have a different taste and texture, so it will give your kababs a unique twist. The marinating time may vary, so be sure to adjust accordingly. Enjoy experimenting!
In conclusion, this Pakistani chicken seekh kabab recipe is a must-try for all kabab lovers.
The combination of juicy chicken, aromatic spices, and the smoky flavor from the grill creates a tantalizing dish that will leave you craving for more.
Whether you serve it as an appetizer or a main course, these kababs are sure to impress your guests.
So fire up the grill and get ready to indulge in this delicious and flavorful delight.