Looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner? Well, you’re in luck! With this Ragu Chicken Parmesan recipe, you can whip up a mouthwatering meal in no time.
Imagine sinking your teeth into tender chicken smothered in rich, flavorful Ragu sauce and topped with gooey melted cheese.
It’s a crowd-pleasing dish that will leave you feeling satisfied and free from the stress of complicated cooking.
So grab your apron and get ready to indulge in this irresistible Italian classic.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Ragu Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 3 Ingredients for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Step-by-step Instructions for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
- 5 Tips for Making the Perfect Ragu Chicken Parmesan
- 6 Serving Suggestions for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
- 7 Variations and Substitutions for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese Instead of Parmesan for This Recipe?
- 9.2 How Long Does It Take to Cook the Chicken in the Oven?
- 9.3 Can I Use Boneless Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts?
- 9.4 Can I Make This Recipe Without Using Breadcrumbs?
- 9.5 Can I Prepare the Chicken Ahead of Time and Cook It Later?
- 10 Conclusion
- Pound the chicken breasts to ensure even cooking and tender chicken.
- Coat the chicken in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs for a crispy coating.
- Use a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for a balanced creaminess and tang.
- Serve Ragu Chicken Parmesan with wine pairings such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot, and side dishes like a green salad or roasted vegetables.
Ragu Chicken Parmesan RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: Italian-American FusionDifficulty: Medium
Prepare for a taste sensation that bridges two culinary worlds with Ragu Chicken Parmesan. This recipe combines the classic Italian favorite, Chicken Parmesan, with the rich and savory flavors of Ragu sauce. It's a harmonious marriage of tastes that will leave you craving more. Join us on a culinary journey where tradition meets innovation!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
2 cups Italian-style breadcrumbs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups Ragu tomato sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Dip the floured chicken into beaten eggs, then coat with Italian breadcrumbs.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear each chicken breast until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Spoon Ragu sauce over the seared chicken breasts, then sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
Ingredients for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
What ingredients do you need to make Ragu Chicken Parmesan?
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses (or other types like provolone or fontina)
- Ragu marinara sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
If you’re looking for a vegetarian version of chicken parmesan, you can substitute the chicken with breaded and baked eggplant slices. The rest of the ingredients and the cooking process remain the same, resulting in a delicious meat-free dish that even meat-lovers will enjoy.
Now that we’ve covered the essential ingredients for Ragu Chicken Parmesan, let’s move on to the step-by-step instructions for preparing this mouthwatering dish.
Step-by-step Instructions for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
To begin preparing your Ragu Chicken Parmesan, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the oven is ready, follow these simple steps to create a delicious and satisfying meal:
Pound the chicken breasts: Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound them with a meat mallet until they’re about 1/2 inch thick. This ensures even cooking and tender chicken.
Dip the chicken in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs: Coat each chicken breast in flour, then dip it in beaten eggs, and finally coat it with breadcrumbs. This creates a crispy and flavorful coating.
Cook the chicken: Heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
Now that your chicken is cooked, it’s time to assemble the dish. Spread a layer of Ragu sauce on the bottom of a baking dish, place the cooked chicken breasts on top, and cover them with more sauce. Finally, sprinkle a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the chicken.
Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade Ragu Chicken Parmesan with a side of pasta or a fresh salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Tips for Making the Perfect Ragu Chicken Parmesan
Now that you have learned how to make Ragu Chicken Parmesan, here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect dish. Avoiding common mistakes and employing the right cooking techniques will elevate your chicken parmesan to new heights of deliciousness. Check out the table below for a quick reference on how to maximize flavor and ensure a crispy, cheesy, and saucy masterpiece.
|Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to the proper temperature of 165°F.
|Dredge the chicken in flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs, ensuring an even coating. Fry in hot oil.
|Lack of flavor
|Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before breading. Add herbs to the sauce for an extra pop of flavor.
|Use a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for the perfect balance of creaminess and tang.
|Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness to ensure they cook evenly. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Serving Suggestions for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
When serving Ragu Chicken Parmesan, you can enhance the dish with a variety of complementary sides and accompaniments. Here are some suggestions to elevate your dining experience:
Wine pairings for Ragu Chicken Parmesan:
- A full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot complements the rich flavors of the dish.
- For a lighter option, try a dry white wine like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc to balance the richness of the chicken and cheese.
- If you prefer a sparkling wine, a crisp Prosecco or Champagne can add a touch of elegance to your meal.
Side dishes to complement Ragu Chicken Parmesan:
- A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing provides a refreshing contrast to the hearty chicken and sauce.
- Roasted vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, or bell peppers add a burst of color and flavor to the plate.
- Garlic bread or crusty Italian bread can be used to soak up the delicious sauce and complete the meal.
Now that you have some ideas for enhancing your Ragu Chicken Parmesan, let’s explore the variations and substitutions you can make to suit your preferences.
Variations and Substitutions for Ragu Chicken Parmesan
If you’re looking to put your own twist on Ragu Chicken Parmesan, there are several variations and substitutions you can consider.
For those who prefer a vegetarian alternative, you can replace the chicken with breaded eggplant slices or tofu. Simply follow the same steps for breading and frying, and then layer it with the Ragu sauce and cheese before baking.
Another option is to use gluten-free breadcrumbs and pasta to make this dish suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
You can also experiment with different types of cheese, such as mozzarella or provolone, to add your own flavor profile.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and make this classic Italian dish your own.
- Calories: 510 kcal
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 175mg
- Sodium: 1145mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese Instead of Parmesan for This Recipe?
Yes, you can definitely use a different type of cheese instead of Parmesan for this recipe. There are many delicious substitutes for Parmesan cheese that you can try, such as Pecorino Romano or Asiago. Get creative and experiment with different flavors!
How Long Does It Take to Cook the Chicken in the Oven?
To cook the chicken in the oven, it usually takes around 25-30 minutes. However, keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. As for alternative cheese options, there are plenty to choose from!
Can I Use Boneless Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts?
Yes, you can definitely use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. They cook in the oven for a similar amount of time, resulting in juicy and flavorful meat.
Can I Make This Recipe Without Using Breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can definitely make this recipe without using breadcrumbs. There are plenty of alternative coating options you can try, such as crushed cornflakes, panko, or even grated Parmesan cheese. Get creative and enjoy your breadcrumb-free version!
Can I Prepare the Chicken Ahead of Time and Cook It Later?
Yes, you can definitely prepare the chicken ahead of time and cook it later. This allows you to save time on the day you plan to serve the dish, as the cooking time for the chicken will already be taken care of.
In conclusion, Ragu Chicken Parmesan is a delicious and satisfying dish that’s sure to please your taste buds. With its crispy chicken, flavorful sauce, and gooey cheese, it’s a crowd-pleaser that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
One example of its popularity is when I made this dish for a dinner party, and everyone raved about it and asked for the recipe. It’s a simple yet impressive meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
Give it a try and see for yourself!