If you’re a fan of classic American comfort food, you’ve probably heard of White Fence Farm. This iconic restaurant, located on Route 66 in Romeoville, Illinois, has been serving up some of the nation’s finest dishes for decades. From their famous fried chicken to their creamy kidney bean salad and everything in between, White Fence Farm has become a beloved destination for those seeking a taste of nostalgia. In this article, we’ll take a step back in time to explore the history and flavors of White Fence Farm, including its signature dishes and the secrets behind their culinary excellence.
- 1 The Irresistible Allure of White Fence Farm
- 2 A Journey Back in Time
- 3 The Farm Family Legacy
- 4 Beyond the Plate: Entertainment for All
- 5 White Fence Farm Chicken Recipe
- 6 Nutritional Content (Per Serving)
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 8 Can I Use White Fence Farm’s Chicken Recipe to Make White House Chicken?
- 9 What is the Difference Between Chicken Olivia and White Fence Farm Chicken Recipes?
- 10 Conclusion
The Irresistible Allure of White Fence Farm
White Fence Farm: A name that resonates with anyone who appreciates the art of cooking chicken to perfection. This restaurant has truly perfected the art, earning its reputation as the go-to destination for the world’s greatest chicken. But White Fence Farm offers much more than just crispy and succulent fried chicken; it’s a place where families gather, where antique cars line the parking lot, and where you can enjoy a meal that’s a true taste of Americana.
A Journey Back in Time
Step into White Fence Farm, and you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time. The atmosphere is charmingly nostalgic, with dining rooms that evoke the past and an ambiance that takes you on a journey through the history of this iconic establishment. From the moment you enter, you’ll sense that you’re about to embark on a culinary adventure like no other.
The Farm Family Legacy
White Fence Farm’s story is not just about food; it’s about family. Since its beginning, the restaurant has been owned and operated by the Peabody family. Their dedication to preserving the legacy of White Fence Farm is evident in every meal served. Chickens arrive never frozen, and the farm’s own corn is milled exclusively for the restaurant. It’s a commitment to quality that has made White Fence Farm a household name.
Beyond the Plate: Entertainment for All
Visiting White Fence Farm isn’t just about the food; it’s a full experience. While waiting for your meal, you can explore the petting zoo, where kids and adults alike can interact with friendly animals. Antique car enthusiasts will appreciate the classic automobiles on display in the parking lot, adding to the overall charm of the establishment. It’s not just a meal; it’s a day of fun and nostalgia.
White Fence Farm Chicken Recipe
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl and season them generously with salt and pepper. Pour the buttermilk over the chicken, ensuring they are fully submerged. Buttermilk not only adds flavor but also helps tenderize the meat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or ideally, overnight for maximum flavor.
- In a shallow dish, combine the all-purpose flour, paprika, and garlic powder. These spices will infuse the chicken with a savory and slightly spicy flavor.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade, allowing any excess to drip off. Dredge each chicken breast in the seasoned flour mixture, pressing it firmly to ensure an even coating. Place the breaded chicken on a wire rack, allowing any excess flour to fall off
- In a large, deep skillet, heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F (175°C). Use a thermometer to maintain the oil temperature.
- Carefully place the breaded chicken breasts into the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for about 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C). Remove the chicken from the oil and let it drain on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
Nutritional Content (Per Serving)
- Calories: 450
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 500mg
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
– While this recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken breasts for simplicity and quicker cooking, you can certainly use bone-in chicken pieces. Just adjust the frying time to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
2. What can I serve with White Fence Farm chicken?
– White Fence Farm chicken pairs wonderfully with classic sides like mashed potatoes, coleslaw, and cornbread. You can also add a drizzle of honey or hot sauce for extra flavor.
3. Is it possible to make this recipe healthier?
– To make this dish healthier, you can try baking the chicken instead of frying it. Use a light coating of cooking spray and bake at 375°F (190°C) until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
4. Can I use a different type of flour for breading?
– Yes, you can experiment with alternative flours like whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend to suit your dietary preferences or restrictions.
5. What makes White Fence Farm chicken so special?
– White Fence Farm is renowned for its secret blend of spices and long marinating times, which contribute to the unique and unforgettable flavor of their chicken. While this recipe provides a simplified version, the restaurant’s version likely has additional secret ingredients that make it truly special.
Can I Use White Fence Farm’s Chicken Recipe to Make White House Chicken?
Can I use White Fence Farm’s chicken recipe to make White House chicken? White Fence Farm’s white house chicken recipe is a closely guarded secret. However, you can try to recreate the deliciousness of White House chicken by experimenting with their recipe and adding your own special touch. Get creative and enjoy a mouthwatering dish fit for any occasion.
What is the Difference Between Chicken Olivia and White Fence Farm Chicken Recipes?
When comparing Chicken Olivia and White Fence Farm Chicken recipes, it’s hard to resist the allure of the mouthwatering chicken olivia recipe. While both dishes showcase the deliciousness of chicken, the Chicken Olivia recipe offers a unique blend of flavors and spices that elevate the dish to new heights. Savor the tender chicken, along with tangy olives and aromatic herbs, for an unforgettable gastronomic experience.
White Fence Farm has truly perfected the art of cooking chicken and crafting memorable dining experiences. From the world’s greatest fried chicken to their iconic corn fritters and creamy kidney bean salad, each dish tells a story of tradition, quality, and love. When you dine at White Fence Farm, you’re not just enjoying a meal; you’re taking a step back in time to savor the flavors of classic American cuisine.
So, whether you’re a fan of the classics or simply looking for a taste of nostalgia, White Fence Farm is the place to be. It’s a place where food, family, and fun come together, creating memories that will last a lifetime.