Are you a fan of Chinese cuisine? Do you crave the delicious flavors of almond chicken from your local Chinese restaurant? Look no further! In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of creating an amazing Almond Chicken Gravy Recipe that’s not only easy to make but also rivals the taste of your favorite Chinese take-out. Get ready to embark on a culinary journey as we share the recipe, tips, and tricks to make a delectable Chinese almond chicken that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
- 1 boneless almond chicken Gravy Recipe Highlights
- 1.1 The Origin of chinese almond chicken recipe
- 1.2 A Symphony of Flavors
- 1.3 Preparing the Nutty Delight
- 1.4 Serving the Indulgence
- 1.5 A Feast for the Senses
- 1.6 Perfect for Every Occasion
- 1.7 Almond Chicken Gravy Recipe
- 1.8 How to Prepare
- 1.9 Servings
- 1.10 Nutrition Facts for Almond Chicken Gravy per serving
- 1.11 Why You Should Try This Recipe
- 1.12 FAQs
- 1.13 Can I Use Almond Chicken Gravy for San Tung Chicken Wings?
- 1.14 Conclusion
boneless almond chicken Gravy Recipe Highlights
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
The Origin of chinese almond chicken recipe
The origins of Almond Chicken Gravy can be traced back to the royal kitchens of the Indian subcontinent. This regal delicacy was prepared for Maharajas and emperors, making it a dish associated with luxury and indulgence. Over the centuries, the recipe has traveled far and wide, finding its way into various regional cuisines, each adding its unique touch to the classic dish.
A Symphony of Flavors
At the heart of this culinary symphony is the almond paste, which imparts a velvety texture and a delightful nutty essence to the gravy. The combination of aromatic spices, including cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red chili, infuses the dish with a perfect balance of warmth and tang. The addition of yogurt not only adds a subtle tanginess but also tenderizes the chicken, ensuring a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
Preparing the Nutty Delight
Creating Almond Chicken Gravy is a culinary journey filled with love and dedication. The dish starts by sautéing finely chopped onions in ghee, releasing their natural sweetness and laying the foundation for the gravy. As the tantalizing aroma fills the air, the chicken is introduced to the skillet, sizzling and browning to perfection. The blend of ginger-garlic paste and spices adds layers of complexity, teasing the senses.
Once the chicken is coated with the medley of spices, the tomato puree joins the party, lending a vibrant red hue and a delightful tanginess to the gravy. And then, the star of the show—the almond paste—graces the pan, transforming the dish into a creamy and indulgent delight. As the gravy simmers, the flavors marry, creating a harmonious blend that will leave you craving more.
Serving the Indulgence
Almond Chicken Gravy is best savored with steamed basmati rice or buttery naan. The subtle nuttiness of the almonds perfectly complements the soft and tender chicken, making every mouthful an experience to cherish. Garnished with fresh coriander leaves, the dish not only looks appealing but also tantalizes your senses with its captivating aroma.
A Feast for the Senses
The experience of savoring Almond Chicken Gravy is not limited to taste alone; it is a feast for all your senses. As you take the first bite, the softness of the chicken and the velvety texture of the gravy melt in your mouth, sending waves of delight. The aroma of aromatic spices and toasted almonds fills the air, inviting you to relish every moment of this culinary journey.
Perfect for Every Occasion
Whether it’s a cozy family dinner, a festive celebration, or a special occasion with friends, Almond Chicken Gravy is the perfect addition to your menu. Its versatility makes it an excellent choice for any gathering, impressing your guests and leaving them in awe of your culinary skills.
Almond Chicken Gravy Recipe
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup almond slices
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 green onions, chopped
Lettuce leaves, for serving
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, and almond slices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. This will infuse the almond flavor into the liquid.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Slowly add this slurry to the almond mixture while stirring continuously. Allow the mixture to thicken, creating a flavorful almond gravy. Keep warm on low heat.
- While the almond gravy simmers, prepare the chicken. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the seasoned chicken breasts in the hot oil. Fry them until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides. This should take about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and let it rest on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- To serve, place a bed of lettuce leaves on each plate. Top with a piece of crispy fried chicken.
- Spoon the warm almond gravy over the chicken and garnish with chopped green onions.
How to Prepare
Prepare Almond Chicken Gravy by following these simple steps:
1. Gather all the required ingredients as listed above.
2. Prepare the almond paste by blanching the almonds and grinding them to a smooth consistency.
3. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes for quick and even cooking.
4. Keep the ginger-garlic paste ready or make it fresh by crushing ginger and garlic together.
5. Puree the tomatoes to add a tangy flavor to the dish.
6. Be ready with all the spices measured out for easy and efficient cooking.
The preparation time for Almond Chicken Gravy is approximately 15 minutes, making it an ideal dish for busy weeknights or impromptu gatherings.
This recipe serves 4 people generously. You can adjust the quantities based on your guest list.
Nutrition Facts for Almond Chicken Gravy per serving
- Calories: 380 kcal
- Total Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 34g
- Vitamin D: 2mcg
- Calcium: 100mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 500mg
Why You Should Try This Recipe
Are you tired of ordering almond chicken from your local Chinese restaurant and wishing you could recreate that delightful dish at home? Our easy almond chicken gravy recipe will turn your boneless crispy chicken into an authentic homemade Chinese-American meal. The flavors and textures of this dish are simply unparalleled. By following our step-by-step guide, you can enjoy the tantalizing combination of crispy fried chicken and savory almond gravy right in your own kitchen.
Q: Can I use chicken with bones for almond chicken gravy recipe?
A: Yes, you can use bone-in chicken, but ensure that it is cooked thoroughly before adding the almond paste.
Q: Can I substitute yogurt with cream?
A: Yes, you can replace yogurt with cream for a richer and creamier texture.
Q: Can I make the almond paste in advance?
A: Absolutely! You can make the almond paste a day before and store it in the refrigerator.
Q: How do I prevent the yogurt from curdling?
A: To prevent curdling, ensure the yogurt is at room temperature and stir it continuously while adding it to the gravy.
Q: Is this dish too spicy?
A: The spiciness can be adjusted by controlling the amount of red chili powder used. Start with a smaller quantity and add more if desired.
Can I Use Almond Chicken Gravy for San Tung Chicken Wings?
Yes, you can use almond chicken gravy for San Tung chicken wings. The san tung chicken wing recipe pairs perfectly with the rich and flavorful almond chicken gravy, creating a unique and delicious twist on a classic dish. The combination of tender chicken wings and the nutty sauce will surely satisfy your taste buds.
Creating a delicious almond chicken dish is easier than you might think. With our step-by-step guide, you can enjoy the flavors of your favorite Chinese restaurant right in your own home. The crispy fried chicken combined with the savory almond gravy creates a delightful culinary experience that’s perfect for any occasion. So, put on your apron, gather the ingredients, and get ready to impress your family and friends with this mouthwatering almond chicken recipe.