Looking for a delicious and hassle-free way to enjoy chicken inasal? Well, guess what? You’ve stumbled upon the perfect solution!
With this chicken inasal recipe using an air fryer, you can savor the mouthwatering flavors of this Filipino favorite without the need for a grill or hours of marinating.
Get ready to indulge in tender, juicy chicken that’s packed with zesty and aromatic goodness.
It’s time to break free from the traditional cooking methods and embrace the convenience of the air fryer.
Let’s get cooking!
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Chicken Inasal Recipe Air Fryer
- 3 Ingredients for Chicken Inasal in an Air Fryer
- 4 Marinating the Chicken
- 5 Preparing the Air Fryer for Cooking
- 6 Cooking the Chicken Inasal in the Air Fryer
- 7 Serving and Enjoying the Chicken Inasal
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Use a Regular Oven Instead of an Air Fryer to Cook the Chicken Inasal?
- 9.2 How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken for the Best Flavor?
- 9.3 What Other Spices or Herbs Can I Add to the Marinade for Extra Flavor?
- 9.4 Can I Prepare the Chicken Inasal Ahead of Time and Cook It Later?
- 9.5 Can I Use Boneless Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Legs for This Recipe?
- 10 Conclusion
- Marinate the chicken thighs with a combination of calamansi juice, soy sauce, brown sugar or honey, minced garlic and ginger, and annatto oil for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes and clean it thoroughly before cooking the chicken.
- Cook the marinated chicken in the air fryer at 375°F for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, and brush with annatto oil for a charred and smoky flavor.
- Serve the Chicken Inasal with steamed rice and cucumber and tomato salad, and enjoy the blend of tangy calamansi, savory soy sauce, and aromatic spices.
Chicken Inasal Recipe Air FryerCourse: MainCuisine: FilipinoDifficulty: Medium
Elevate your taste buds to the vibrant streets of the Philippines with our Chicken Inasal Recipe in the Air Fryer. This Filipino classic, known for its marinated, grilled goodness, has been reinvented for the modern kitchen. Get ready to indulge in succulent, smoky, and savory chicken that's not only a feast for the palate but also a healthier choice. Join us on this culinary adventure as we savor the delicious flavors of Chicken Inasal, elevated with the convenience of the air fryer.
4 chicken leg quarters
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ginger, minced
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/4 cup lemongrass, chopped
1 teaspoon annatto powder (achuete)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking oil for brushing
Skewers for grilling
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, annatto powder, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least 3 hours, or overnight for richer flavor.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Thread the marinated chicken onto skewers.
- Brush with cooking oil to prevent sticking.
Ingredients for Chicken Inasal in an Air Fryer
To make the Chicken Inasal in an air fryer, you’ll need a few key ingredients.
First, you’ll need boneless chicken thighs, which are perfect for this recipe as they cook quickly and stay juicy.
Next, gather calamansi juice, a popular Filipino citrus fruit that adds a tangy and refreshing flavor to the marinade.
You’ll also need soy sauce, which provides a savory and umami taste to the dish.
For a hint of sweetness, add brown sugar or honey.
To spice things up, include minced garlic and ginger, which add depth and aroma to the marinade.
Finally, don’t forget the annatto oil, which gives the Chicken Inasal its signature bright orange color.
With these ingredients, you’ll be ready to explore different cooking techniques and flavor variations for your Chicken Inasal in the air fryer.
Now, let’s move on to marinating the chicken.
Marinating the Chicken
Now, gather your marinating ingredients and let’s get started on flavoring the chicken. Marinating is an essential step in creating juicy and flavorful Chicken Inasal. Here are some tips for tenderizing the chicken and alternative marinade options that you can try:
Use a meat tenderizer: Pound the chicken lightly with a meat tenderizer to break down the muscle fibers, resulting in a more tender meat.
Acidic marinade: Consider using alternative marinade options like calamansi juice, vinegar, or lemon juice. The acidity helps to break down the proteins in the chicken, making it more tender.
Yogurt marinade: Yogurt contains enzymes that can help tenderize the chicken. Mix yogurt with spices like turmeric and cumin for a flavorful marinade.
Buttermilk marinade: Buttermilk is another great option for tenderizing the chicken. It adds tanginess and helps to make the meat tender and juicy.
Marinating time: Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to ensure that the flavors penetrate the meat.
Preparing the Air Fryer for Cooking
Before you begin cooking, preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes to ensure that it reaches the desired temperature. This step is crucial to guarantee that your chicken inasal cooks evenly and turns out perfectly crispy.
To prepare the air fryer, start by cleaning it thoroughly. Remove any leftover food particles or grease from previous use. Wipe down the basket and tray with a damp cloth or sponge.
Next, adjust the cooking time according to your air fryer’s instructions. Some models may require longer cooking times, while others may cook faster. It’s important to familiarize yourself with your specific air fryer and make the necessary adjustments.
Once the air fryer is preheated and cleaned, you’re ready to move on to the exciting part – cooking the chicken inasal in the air fryer.
Cooking the Chicken Inasal in the Air Fryer
Once you have preheated the air fryer and prepared the marinated chicken, it’s time to start cooking the chicken inasal in the air fryer. Cooking chicken inasal in the air fryer offers a convenient and healthy alternative to traditional cooking methods.
Here are some air fryer cooking techniques to ensure a delicious and perfectly cooked chicken inasal:
- Place the marinated chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 375°F and cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- For a charred and smoky flavor, you can brush the chicken with annatto oil halfway through cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving to lock in the juices.
Now that your chicken inasal is perfectly cooked, it’s time to move on to the next step and serve it with your favorite side dishes for a delightful meal.
Serving and Enjoying the Chicken Inasal
So, now that your chicken inasal is perfectly cooked, you can dig in and enjoy it with your favorite side dishes.
Serving and enjoying the chicken inasal is an experience that combines the flavors of traditional Filipino cuisine with modern grilling techniques.
As you take your first bite, you’ll be greeted by the smoky aroma and tender juiciness of the chicken. The marinade, with its blend of tangy calamansi, savory soy sauce, and aromatic spices, infuses every bite with a burst of flavor.
Pair it with a side of steamed rice and a refreshing cucumber and tomato salad for a complete meal.
The chicken inasal is best enjoyed with friends and family, gathered around the table, sharing stories and savoring the taste of this delicious dish.
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- Sodium: 450mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use a Regular Oven Instead of an Air Fryer to Cook the Chicken Inasal?
Yes, you can use a regular oven instead of an air fryer to cook the chicken inasal. Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary, and make sure to marinate the chicken for the recommended duration.
How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken for the Best Flavor?
For the perfect tenderness in Chicken Inasal, marinate it for at least 2 hours. To enhance the flavor of the marinade, add calamansi juice, garlic, and lemongrass. Enjoy the freedom to make your chicken taste amazing!
What Other Spices or Herbs Can I Add to the Marinade for Extra Flavor?
To elevate the flavor of your marinade, you can sprinkle in a medley of aromatic spices and herbs. These additions will transport your taste buds to a world of grilled vegetables, while unlocking the full benefits of marinating meat.
Can I Prepare the Chicken Inasal Ahead of Time and Cook It Later?
Yes, you can definitely prepare the chicken inasal in advance and cook it later. The benefits of marinating the chicken inasal beforehand include enhanced flavor and tender meat. It’s a time-saving trick that allows you to enjoy a delicious meal with less hassle.
Can I Use Boneless Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Legs for This Recipe?
Yes, you can absolutely use boneless chicken thighs as an alternative ingredient for this recipe. They will still give you the same juicy and flavorful results in your air fryer.
In conclusion, using an air fryer to cook chicken inasal is a quick and convenient way to enjoy this flavorful Filipino dish. Not only does it save time and effort, but it also reduces the amount of oil used in traditional frying methods.
Did you know that air frying can reduce the fat content of foods by up to 75%? So, why not give this delicious and healthier version of chicken inasal a try? Your taste buds and waistline will thank you!