Are you craving a taste of authentic Mexican cuisine? Get ready to embark on a flavor-packed journey with the Las Palmas Chicken Enchilada Recipe.
This mouthwatering dish combines tender chicken, zesty enchilada sauce, and melted cheese, all wrapped in a warm tortilla. It’s like taking a bite of freedom as each bite transports you to the vibrant streets of Mexico.
With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you’ll be enjoying these delicious enchiladas in no time.
Get ready to unleash your culinary creativity and satisfy your cravings.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Las Palmas Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- 3 Ingredients Needed for Las Palmas Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- 4 Step-By-Step Instructions for Making the Enchilada Sauce
- 5 Preparing the Chicken Filling for the Enchiladas
- 6 Assembling and Baking the Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas
- 7 Tips for Serving and Garnishing the Enchiladas
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Use Store-Bought Enchilada Sauce Instead of Making My Own?
- 9.2 How Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian-Friendly?
- 9.3 Can I Make the Enchilada Sauce Ahead of Time and Store It in the Fridge?
- 9.4 What Side Dishes Would Pair Well With These Chicken Enchiladas?
- 9.5 Can I Freeze the Assembled Enchiladas and Bake Them Later?
- 10 Conclusion
- The Las Palmas Chicken Enchilada recipe requires boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
- The enchiladas are made with Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, corn tortillas, and a blend of shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese.
- The enchiladas can be filled with a variety of options such as shredded rotisserie chicken, spicy ground beef, vegetarian black bean and corn filling, grilled shrimp, or roasted vegetable medley.
- The enchiladas are assembled by rolling the filling in a tortilla, arranging them in a baking dish, pouring the enchilada sauce over them, and sprinkling shredded cheese on top. They are then baked in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Las Palmas Chicken Enchilada RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors of our Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas. This classic Mexican dish is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for family dinners or gatherings with friends. With layers of tender chicken, rich enchilada sauce, and gooey cheese, it's a fiesta for your taste buds. In this article, we'll guide you through the ingredients and steps to create this delectable dish that will transport you to the heart of Mexico.
2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
1 can of Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup of diced onions
1/2 cup of diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup of sliced black olives
8 corn tortillas
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, diced onions, and green bell pepper. Sauté until they're soft and fragrant.
- Add the shredded chicken and ground cumin to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce into the chicken mixture and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- In a separate skillet, warm the corn tortillas for a few seconds on each side to make them pliable.
- Place a portion of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla, sprinkle some black olives, and roll them up.
- Arrange the rolled enchiladas in a baking dish.
- Pour the remaining Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle them with cheddar and monterey jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and more black olives, if desired.
Ingredients Needed for Las Palmas Chicken Enchilada Recipe
To make Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas, you’ll need a specific set of ingredients. First, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
Then, gather some Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, which adds a tangy and spicy flavor to the dish.
Don’t forget the corn tortillas, which will serve as the base for your enchiladas.
For added taste and texture, you’ll need shredded cheese, preferably a blend of Monterey Jack and cheddar.
Finally, you can customize your enchiladas with toppings like diced onions, sliced black olives, and fresh cilantro.
These ingredients will give your Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas a delicious and satisfying taste. So, gather everything and get ready to enjoy a flavorful meal.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Making the Enchilada Sauce
To make the enchilada sauce, you’ll need to gather the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk constantly for about 1 minute, until it turns golden brown.
Next, add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and ground cumin. Stir the mixture continuously for an additional minute to release the flavors.
Gradually pour in the chicken broth, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps from forming. Season with salt and black pepper, then reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes until it thickens slightly.
These step-by-step instructions will help you create a flavorful enchilada sauce that perfectly complements the variations of chicken enchilada fillings you choose to make.
Enjoy the freedom of experimenting with different alternative enchilada sauce recipes to find your favorite combination of flavors.
Preparing the Chicken Filling for the Enchiladas
Now that you have prepared the flavorful enchilada sauce, it’s time to move on to preparing the chicken filling for the enchiladas. Braising the chicken is a great way to infuse it with rich flavors and keep it moist.
Here are some alternative fillings for your enchiladas that will give you the freedom to customize your dish:
Shredded rotisserie chicken: Convenient and packed with flavor, this option saves you time without sacrificing taste.
Spicy ground beef: Add a kick to your enchiladas with seasoned ground beef cooked with onions, garlic, and spices.
Vegetarian black bean and corn: A delicious and hearty option for those who prefer a meatless filling.
Grilled shrimp: Elevate your enchiladas with succulent grilled shrimp tossed in a tangy marinade.
Roasted vegetable medley: A colorful mix of roasted peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms adds a burst of flavor and texture.
Experiment with these fillings to create enchiladas that suit your taste buds and dietary preferences.
Assembling and Baking the Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas
After preparing the chicken filling for the enchiladas, it’s time to assemble and bake the delicious Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas.
Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Take a tortilla and place a generous amount of the chicken filling in the center. Roll it up tightly and place it seam-side down in a baking dish.
Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas and filling, arranging them in a single layer in the dish.
Pour the Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce over the enchiladas, making sure to cover them completely.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top for added flavor.
Now you have two options to customize the recipe. If you like it spicy, add sliced jalapenos on top. If you prefer a milder taste, garnish with chopped cilantro.
Bake the enchiladas for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Once done, remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
Serve your Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa for a complete meal.
If you want to try alternative fillings, consider using shredded beef, sautéed vegetables, or even seafood like shrimp.
The possibilities are endless, so get creative and enjoy your customized enchiladas!
Tips for Serving and Garnishing the Enchiladas
When serving and garnishing the enchiladas, make sure to add your preferred toppings for a personalized touch. Here are some ideas for alternative garnishes that will take your Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas to the next level:
- Freshly chopped cilantro: Sprinkle some vibrant cilantro leaves on top for a burst of freshness.
- Creamy avocado slices: Creamy and rich, avocado slices add a deliciously smooth texture to your enchiladas.
- Tangy lime wedges: Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the enchiladas to add a bright and zesty flavor.
- Spicy jalapenos: For those who like a little heat, thinly sliced jalapenos can add a fiery kick to your dish.
- Crumbled queso fresco: Sprinkle some crumbled queso fresco, a soft and mild Mexican cheese, to add a creamy and salty element.
To complete your meal, consider serving the enchiladas with some tasty side dishes. Some suggestions include Mexican rice, refried beans, or a crisp green salad. These sides will complement the enchiladas perfectly and create a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
Enjoy the freedom to personalize and experiment with different garnishes and sides to suit your taste and preferences.
- Calories: 410
- Total Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 990mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 26g
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Store-Bought Enchilada Sauce Instead of Making My Own?
Yes, you can definitely use store-bought enchilada sauce instead of making your own. It saves time and still gives your dish great flavor. Just make sure to choose a high-quality sauce for the best results.
How Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian-Friendly?
To make this recipe vegetarian-friendly, you can easily substitute the chicken with alternatives like tofu, black beans, or plant-based protein. These options will give you a delicious and protein-packed enchilada dish. Enjoy your freedom to experiment!
Can I Make the Enchilada Sauce Ahead of Time and Store It in the Fridge?
Yes, you can make the enchilada sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge. It’s a convenient way to save time when preparing the Las Palmas Chicken Enchilada Recipe.
What Side Dishes Would Pair Well With These Chicken Enchiladas?
To accompany your delicious chicken enchiladas, there are plenty of side dishes that will make your taste buds dance. Try some Mexican rice, refried beans, or a refreshing avocado salad. If you’re looking for vegetarian options, roasted veggies or a black bean and corn salsa would be perfect. Enjoy your flavorful feast!
Can I Freeze the Assembled Enchiladas and Bake Them Later?
Yes, you can freeze the assembled enchiladas and bake them later. This convenient option allows you to prep ahead and enjoy delicious enchiladas whenever you desire. Simply follow the reheating instructions to enjoy a tasty meal.
Indulge in the tantalizing taste of the Las Palmas Chicken Enchiladas. This recipe combines succulent chicken with a smoky, spicy enchilada sauce, resulting in a mouthwatering meal that will leave you craving for more.
The rich flavors and creamy texture of the enchiladas are a match made in culinary heaven.
So gather your ingredients, follow the simple steps, and enjoy a fiesta of flavors that will transport your taste buds to a Mexican paradise.