Did you know that P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice is one of the most popular dishes on their menu?
If you’re craving the bold flavors of this delicious Asian-inspired dish, look no further. In this article, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of recreating P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice right in your own kitchen.
Get ready to enjoy the freedom of cooking this mouthwatering dish whenever you want.
Let’s dive in and get cooking!
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 P F Chang's Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Prep Work
- 5 Cooking the Rice
- 6 Stir-Frying the Chicken
- 7 Combining the Ingredients
- 8 Serving and Enjoying
- 9 Nutritional Facts:-
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10.1 How Many Servings Does This Recipe Make?
- 10.2 Can I Substitute the Chicken With Another Protein, Like Shrimp or Tofu?
- 10.3 Are There Any Vegetarian or Vegan Options for This Recipe?
- 10.4 Can I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free by Using Alternative Grains or Ingredients?
- 10.5 How Long Does It Take to Make This Dish From Start to Finish?
- 11 Conclusion
- Marinating the chicken in a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and minced garlic enhances the flavor and tenderness of the meat.
- Using high heat and a wok or large skillet with high sides is important for achieving a caramelized exterior on the chicken.
- Choosing the right type of rice, rinsing it thoroughly before cooking, and allowing it to cool completely before using in the recipe ensures evenly cooked grains.
- Stir-frying the chicken quickly over high heat and stir-frying the vegetables until crisp-tender before adding the cooked rice helps to combine all the ingredients together for a delicious chicken fried rice dish.
P F Chang's Chicken Fried Rice RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Medium
Embark on a culinary journey to the heart of Asia as we unveil the coveted P.F. Chang's Chicken Fried Rice Recipe. Transport your taste buds to the flavors of the Orient with this exquisite dish. With a perfect fusion of tender chicken, fluffy rice, and a symphony of Asian seasonings, you'll soon be mastering the art of Asian cooking in your own kitchen.
2 cups of cooked and cooled jasmine rice
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of frozen peas and carrots, thawed
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
2 green onions, chopped
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the diced chicken and cook until it's no longer pink. Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add minced garlic, thawed peas, and carrots. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs into the other side. Scramble the eggs until they're fully cooked.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and mix it with the vegetables and eggs.
- Pour in soy sauce, sesame oil, and ground ginger. Stir to combine and ensure the rice is evenly coated.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the skillet and mix well.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in chopped green onions, and your P.F. Chang's Chicken Fried Rice is ready to serve.
To make P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice, you’ll need 10 specific ingredients. This classic dish has various variations, but the core ingredients remain the same.
First, you’ll need cooked rice, preferably chilled overnight for better texture.
Then, gather boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into small pieces.
You’ll also need eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, and vegetable oil for cooking.
To add flavor and depth, include diced onions, minced garlic, and frozen peas and carrots.
Lastly, don’t forget the green onions for garnish.
Chicken fried rice variations can include additional ingredients like shrimp, beef, or even tofu for vegetarian options.
As for the health benefits of chicken fried rice, it provides a good source of protein from the chicken, essential nutrients from the vegetables, and energy from the carbohydrates in the rice.
Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, it’s time to move on to the prep work for making P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice. Here are some marinating tips and essential cooking tools to help you get started:
Marinating tips: To infuse the chicken with flavor, marinate it for at least 30 minutes in a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and minced garlic. This will ensure that every bite is bursting with deliciousness.
Cutting board and knife: A sturdy cutting board and a sharp knife are essential for chopping the chicken, vegetables, and garlic. Make sure to use a separate cutting board for raw meat to prevent cross-contamination.
Wok or large skillet: A wok or a large skillet with high sides will give you ample space to stir-fry the ingredients. This will help to evenly cook and distribute the flavors throughout the dish.
Spatula or tongs: A spatula or tongs will come in handy for tossing and stirring the ingredients in the wok. This will ensure that everything is well mixed and cooked to perfection.
With these marinating tips and cooking tools, you’re now ready to embark on the prep work for making P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice. Get ready to create a mouthwatering dish that will satisfy your cravings for Asian cuisine.
Cooking the Rice
Begin by cooking the rice to perfection. The type of rice you choose will greatly impact the final dish, so make sure to select the right one. Jasmine rice is a popular choice for fried rice due to its fragrant aroma and fluffy texture. Basmati rice is another good option, known for its long grains and nutty flavor. However, if you prefer a stickier rice, you can opt for sushi rice.
Whatever rice you choose, remember to rinse it thoroughly before cooking to remove excess starch. Cooking techniques also play a crucial role in achieving the perfect rice. Whether you use a rice cooker or stovetop method, be sure to follow the instructions carefully to ensure evenly cooked grains. Once the rice is cooked, allow it to cool completely before using it in the fried rice recipe.
With the rice cooked to perfection, it’s time to move on to stir-frying the chicken and creating a delicious P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice.
Stir-Frying the Chicken
Now it’s time to tackle the crucial step of stir-frying the chicken. This process requires specific techniques to ensure the chicken is cooked to perfection.
Marinating the chicken beforehand not only enhances its flavor but also helps tenderize it.
Once you start stir-frying, make sure to use high heat to achieve that desirable sear on the chicken, resulting in a deliciously caramelized exterior.
Chicken Cooking Techniques
To stir-fry the chicken for P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice recipe, start by heating oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir-fry it until it’s cooked through and slightly browned. Here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect stir-fried chicken:
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs for a leaner option. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
- For extra flavor, marinate the chicken before stir-frying. Try using a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and a touch of honey or brown sugar.
- Make sure the pan is hot before adding the chicken. This will help to sear the meat and lock in the juices.
- Stir-fry the chicken quickly over high heat, using a spatula or tongs to move it around the pan.
By stir-frying the chicken properly, you’ll achieve tender and flavorful results.
Now, let’s move on to the next section and learn about marinating for better flavor.
Marinating for Better Flavor
To enhance the flavor of the stir-fried chicken discussed in the previous subtopic, start by marinating the chicken with a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and a touch of honey or brown sugar.
Marinating the chicken not only infuses it with delicious flavors but also helps to tenderize the meat, making it juicier and more succulent. The benefits of marinating go beyond just taste, as it also helps to reduce the cooking time, ensuring that the chicken cooks evenly and quickly.
The ideal marinating time for chicken is around 30 minutes to an hour, allowing the flavors to penetrate deeply into the meat.
Now that the chicken is marinated, it’s time to move on to the next step of the cooking process: searing the chicken at high heat to achieve that perfect caramelization and crispiness.
High Heat for Searing
Heat a skillet or wok over high heat. Searing is an essential technique in stir-frying the chicken for P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice. Here are the benefits of using high heat for searing:
- Quick cooking: High heat allows the chicken to cook rapidly, ensuring that it stays tender and juicy.
- Maillard reaction: The intense heat promotes the browning of the chicken, creating a rich and complex flavor.
- Texture: Searing at high heat helps to develop a crispy exterior while maintaining a succulent interior, adding a delightful contrast to the dish.
- Retaining nutrients: The short cooking time at high heat helps to preserve the nutritional value of the chicken.
Combining the Ingredients
To combine the ingredients for P.F. Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice, you’ll need to start by gathering all the necessary elements.
Begin by seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper, ensuring it’s well-coated. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add some oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until it’s browned and cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside. Next, add the vegetables to the skillet – typically diced onions, carrots, peas, and green onions – and stir-fry until they’re crisp-tender.
Return the chicken to the skillet and add the cooked rice. Stir everything together, making sure all the ingredients are well combined.
The result will be a flavorful and colorful chicken fried rice that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
Serving and Enjoying
When it comes to serving P F Chang’s chicken fried rice, portion sizes are key. You want to make sure each person gets a satisfying amount without overdoing it.
Additionally, consider pairing the dish with some delicious side dishes like egg rolls or crispy wontons to enhance the overall dining experience.
Portion Sizes for Serving
Your portion size for serving and enjoying P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice will depend on your personal preference and appetite. Here are some options to consider:
Small portion: If you’re looking for a light meal or a side dish, a small portion of the chicken fried rice will be suitable. This will typically be around 1 cup or less.
Regular portion: For a more filling meal, a regular portion of the chicken fried rice is recommended. This is usually around 1.5 to 2 cups, depending on your hunger level.
Large portion: If you have a bigger appetite or want to share the dish with others, a large portion of the chicken fried rice can be chosen. This can range from 2 to 3 cups or more.
Custom portion: Ultimately, the choice is yours. Feel free to adjust the portion size according to your preferences and nutritional needs.
Remember to consider the nutritional information and your own dietary goals when deciding on the portion size. Enjoy your meal!
Best Side Dishes
For the best side dishes to complement and enhance your enjoyment of P F Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice, consider these flavorful options.
Start your meal with some tasty appetizers like the crispy spring rolls or the dynamite shrimp. These appetizers are perfect for sharing and will tantalize your taste buds.
If you’re looking for vegetarian options, try the Buddha’s Feast, which is a delicious mix of stir-fried vegetables in a savory sauce. Another great choice is the Ma Po Tofu, a spicy and flavorful dish made with soft tofu and Sichuan peppercorns.
These vegetarian dishes aren’t only delicious, but they also provide a balance of flavors and textures that pair perfectly with the chicken fried rice.
Whether you’re a meat lover or prefer a vegetarian option, these side dishes will take your meal to the next level.
- Calories: 380
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Servings Does This Recipe Make?
Do you ever wonder how many servings a recipe makes? Well, with this one, you won’t have to worry about running out of leftovers. Just store them properly and follow these tips for reheating. Enjoy your meal!
Can I Substitute the Chicken With Another Protein, Like Shrimp or Tofu?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins like shrimp or tofu. This will create different flavor profiles and may affect the cooking process and overall dish preparation.
Are There Any Vegetarian or Vegan Options for This Recipe?
Yes, there are vegetarian alternatives for chicken fried rice and vegan adaptations of P F Chang’s fried rice recipe. You can substitute the chicken with tofu or use a variety of vegetables for a delicious plant-based version. Enjoy the freedom of choice!
Can I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free by Using Alternative Grains or Ingredients?
Using alternative grains in this recipe can make it gluten-free. However, there are pros and cons to gluten-free substitutions. It’s important to choose grains that provide similar texture and flavor for the best results.
How Long Does It Take to Make This Dish From Start to Finish?
On average, it takes about 30 minutes to make this dish from start to finish. You can save time by utilizing efficient cooking techniques and make it your own by experimenting with ingredient substitutions. Enjoy the freedom to create!
In conclusion, recreating P.F. Chang’s Chicken Fried Rice at home is a delightful and rewarding experience. The aroma of the stir-fried chicken and the perfectly cooked rice will transport you to a culinary paradise.
Did you know that Americans consume about 32 billion servings of fried rice each year? This statistic highlights the popularity of this classic dish and the joy it brings to many.
So, gather your ingredients and embark on a flavorful journey that will surely impress your taste buds.