Looking for a mouthwatering BBQ chicken recipe? You’re in luck!
Get ready to savor the flavors of the Amish BBQ chicken, a dish that is sure to impress your taste buds. With its tender, juicy chicken and smoky, tangy sauce, this recipe will have you coming back for seconds.
Best of all, it’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
So grab your apron and fire up the grill, because this Amish BBQ chicken is about to become your new favorite.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Amish Bbq Chicken Recipe
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Marinating the Chicken
- 5 Grilling Instructions
- 6 Serving Suggestions
- 7 Tips and Tricks
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken for This Recipe?
- 9.2 Can I Use a Gas Grill Instead of a Charcoal Grill for This Recipe?
- 9.3 Can I Use Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Instead of a Whole Chicken?
- 9.4 Can I Make This Recipe in the Oven Instead of on a Grill?
- 9.5 Can I Substitute the Brown Sugar With a Different Sweetener, Such as Honey or Maple Syrup?
- 10 Can I Use Worcestershire Sauce in Amish BBQ Chicken Recipe?
- 11 Conclusion
- Marinating the chicken for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, is important to enhance flavors and juiciness.
- The marinade options include soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs, and spices.
- The grilling instructions include preheating the grill to medium heat, cooking the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, and using a meat thermometer to check for doneness (165°F).
- Recommended serving suggestions include garnishing with fresh herbs, serving with side dishes like baked beans and coleslaw, and offering sauce options like classic BBQ sauce, honey mustard sauce, and spicy chipotle sauce.
Amish Bbq Chicken RecipeCourse: main courseCuisine: Amish-AmericanDifficulty: easy
Step into the heart of Amish country and experience the culinary charm of the Amish BBQ Chicken Recipe. Rooted in tradition, this dish combines the simple goodness of Amish cooking with the bold flavors of BBQ sauce. It's a delightful marriage of tender, juicy chicken and a rich, tangy glaze that's perfect for gatherings, picnics, or a cozy family dinner. In this article, we'll unveil the secrets of this timeless recipe, ensuring your taste buds embark on a journey they won't soon forget. So, let's embrace the spirit of Amish cuisine and fire up the grill!
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 cup BBQ sauce (homemade or your favorite brand)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to create a flavorful marinade.
- Brush the chicken thighs with the marinade, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Place the chicken on the grill, skin side down, and cook for about 6-8 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden.
- Flip the chicken and continue to grill for another 6-8 minutes.
- Brush the BBQ sauce generously over the chicken thighs and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove from the grill and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
You’ll need 10 ingredients to make this delicious Amish BBQ chicken recipe.
This simple yet flavorful dish offers cooking variations and health benefits that will surely delight your taste buds while keeping you healthy.
To start, gather bone-in chicken pieces, preferably drumsticks and thighs, for a more succulent result.
Next, you’ll need a combination of ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt. These ingredients come together to create a tangy and sweet barbecue sauce that coats the chicken perfectly.
The cooking variations lie in the type of wood chips you choose for smoking the chicken, such as applewood or hickory, adding a unique smoky flavor.
Once you have gathered your ingredients, it’s time to move on to marinating the chicken.
Marinating the Chicken
Before you begin grilling, make sure to marinate the chicken to enhance its flavor and tenderness. There are different marinade options that you can choose from to suit your taste preferences.
One popular option is a mixture of soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and brown sugar. This combination adds a tangy and slightly sweet flavor to the chicken.
Another option is to use a marinade made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs, and spices. This gives the chicken a savory and aromatic taste.
Whichever marinade you choose, it’s important to let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours, but for optimal flavor, marinating overnight is recommended. The longer the chicken marinates, the more the flavors will infuse into the meat, resulting in a delicious and juicy BBQ chicken.
Once the chicken has finished marinating, it’s time to start grilling.
Preheat your grill to medium heat, around 350°F. Make sure to clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
Place the marinated chicken pieces on the grill, skin side down. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes.
Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness, ensuring the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
To add some flavor variations, you can experiment with different grilling techniques. Try using indirect heat by placing the chicken on one side of the grill and turning off the burner on that side. This allows for slower cooking and a smokier flavor.
You can also baste the chicken with barbecue sauce during the last few minutes of grilling for a sticky, sweet glaze.
Enjoy the delicious Amish BBQ chicken straight off the grill!
For an extra touch, you can garnish the Amish BBQ chicken with fresh herbs before serving. This will add a pop of color and a burst of flavor to your dish.
Now, let’s talk about the perfect side dishes to accompany your Amish BBQ chicken.
- Baked beans: The rich, smoky flavor of the beans complements the savory taste of the chicken perfectly.
- Coleslaw: The refreshing crunch of coleslaw provides a nice contrast to the tender chicken.
- Cornbread: The sweetness of cornbread pairs well with the tangy BBQ sauce, creating a delightful combination of flavors.
When it comes to sauces, you have a few options to enhance the flavors of the Amish BBQ chicken.
- Classic BBQ sauce: The traditional choice, this sauce adds a smoky and tangy flavor that complements the chicken beautifully.
- Honey mustard sauce: The sweet and tangy combination of honey and mustard adds a unique twist to the dish.
- Spicy chipotle sauce: If you like a little heat, this sauce will give your chicken a kick and add a smoky, spicy flavor.
Tips and Tricks
To ensure a juicy and flavorful result, marinate the chicken in the BBQ sauce for at least 2 hours, and then grill it to perfection. Here are some tips and tricks to help you master the art of grilling Amish BBQ chicken.
First, make sure to preheat your grill to medium-high heat. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and gets those beautiful grill marks.
Next, brush the grates with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. This will also help give your chicken that nice charred flavor.
When grilling the chicken, it’s important to keep a close eye on it and flip it occasionally to prevent it from burning. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).
Now, let’s talk about flavor variations. You can experiment with different BBQ sauces to give your chicken a unique twist. Some popular options include honey mustard, smoky chipotle, or tangy Carolina-style BBQ sauce.
By following these grilling techniques and trying out different flavor variations, you’ll be able to create a delicious Amish BBQ chicken that will impress your family and friends. So fire up that grill and enjoy the freedom of creating mouthwatering dishes!
|Preheat the grill||Ensures even cooking and beautiful grill marks|
|Brush grates with oil||Prevents sticking and adds flavor|
|Flip chicken occasionally||Prevents burning and ensures even cooking|
|Use a meat thermometer||Checks for doneness and ensures safe consumption|
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 27g
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken for This Recipe?
To marinate the chicken for the Amish BBQ recipe, you’ll want to let it sit in the marinade for at least 4 hours, but overnight is even better. By marinating longer, the flavors will penetrate the meat for a more delicious result.
Can I Use a Gas Grill Instead of a Charcoal Grill for This Recipe?
Using a gas grill instead of a charcoal grill for BBQ chicken has its pros and cons. Gas grills offer convenience and faster cooking times, but charcoal grills provide smoky flavor. It ultimately depends on your preferences and the taste you desire.
Can I Use Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Instead of a Whole Chicken?
Sure, you can definitely switch it up and go for chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts! They’ll be juicier and more flavorful. As for marinade options, you can try a tangy BBQ sauce or a zesty lemon herb blend. Enjoy your delicious meal!
Can I Make This Recipe in the Oven Instead of on a Grill?
Sure, you can make this recipe in the oven instead of on a grill. Just use the broiler setting for that delicious char. And if you’re vegetarian, try substituting tofu or tempeh! Enjoy the flavors!
Can I Substitute the Brown Sugar With a Different Sweetener, Such as Honey or Maple Syrup?
Sure, you can totally mix it up and substitute brown sugar with a different sweetener like honey or maple syrup. You’re the boss of your taste buds, whether you’re grilling or oven cooking!
Can I Use Worcestershire Sauce in Amish BBQ Chicken Recipe?
Adding Worcestershire sauce to your Amish BBQ chicken recipe can add a unique twist of flavors. The chicken philly recipe using worcestershire sauce takes it up a notch by combining the savory taste of the sauce with tender chicken, creating a delightful fusion of flavors that will surely impress your taste buds.
And there you have it, folks! This Amish BBQ chicken recipe is a finger-licking delight that will transport your taste buds to flavor town.
Don’t be afraid to add a pinch of nostalgia to your next backyard cookout with this timeless dish.
So fire up the grill, gather your loved ones, and let the mouthwatering aromas fill the air.
Get ready to savor every juicy bite and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Happy cooking, y’all!