Craving a comforting bowl of chili that will warm your soul and set your taste buds ablaze? Look no further than Calhoun’s White Chicken Chili recipe.
This mouthwatering dish combines tender chunks of chicken, creamy white beans, and a medley of bold spices for a flavor explosion that will leave you wanting more.
So grab your apron and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that promises freedom on a spoon.
It’s time to indulge in the ultimate comfort food.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Calhoun's White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 3 Ingredients for White Chicken Chili
- 4 Step-by-Step Instructions for White Chicken Chili
- 5 Tips for Perfectly Seasoned White Chicken Chili
- 6 Serving Suggestions for White Chicken Chili
- 7 Variations and Additions to White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Substitute the Chicken With Another Type of Meat in This White Chicken Chili Recipe?
- 9.2 Can I Make This White Chicken Chili Recipe Vegetarian by Using Plant-Based Protein Instead of Chicken?
- 9.3 How Can I Make This White Chicken Chili Recipe Gluten-Free?
- 9.4 Can I Freeze the Leftovers of This White Chicken Chili Recipe?
- 9.5 What Are Some Common Garnishes or Toppings That Go Well With This White Chicken Chili Recipe?
- 10 How Does the Chicken Chaap Recipe Compare to Calhoun’s White Chicken Chili Recipe?
- 11 Conclusion
- The recipe calls for 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- The step-by-step instructions include sautéing onions and garlic, cooking the chicken until no longer pink, and adding spices and chicken broth.
- Tips for perfectly seasoned white chicken chili include using a variety of spices and herbs, adjusting the spice level according to taste, and experimenting with different protein options.
- Serving suggestions include garnishing with sour cream and fresh cilantro, adding shredded cheese and diced avocado, and squeezing fresh lime juice for a citrusy twist.
Calhoun's White Chicken Chili RecipeCourse: main courseCuisine: SouthernDifficulty: intermidiate
Cozy up to a bowl of comfort with our Calhoun's White Chicken Chili. This recipe is a testament to Southern hospitality, combining tender chicken, creamy broth, and a touch of spice. Join us as we reveal the secrets to creating this heartwarming classic in your own kitchen.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (15 oz each) white beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
4 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pot, add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add white beans, diced green chilies, chicken broth, ground cumin, dried oregano, and chili powder. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken, shred it, and return it to the pot
- Stir in sour cream and shredded Monterey Jack cheese until the chili is creamy and cheese is melted
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños.
Ingredients for White Chicken Chili
You’ll need a variety of flavorful spices and tender chicken breast for this delicious white chicken chili recipe. The key to achieving a creamy texture in this chili is the combination of spices and the chicken itself.
Start by gathering your ingredients:
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste.
These flavorful spices, combined with the tender chicken breast, will create a rich and satisfying chili with a creamy texture that will leave you wanting more.
Step-by-Step Instructions for White Chicken Chili
To start making the white chicken chili, first, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add the chopped onions and garlic, and sauté until they become fragrant and translucent. Next, add the diced chicken and cook until it’s no longer pink.
Now, it’s time to add the spices like cumin, oregano, and chili powder, and give it a good stir. Pour in the chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together.
Finally, stir in the white beans and corn, and cook for another 10 minutes.
If you’re looking to make a vegetarian version of white chicken chili, simply omit the chicken and replace it with extra vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or mushrooms. For those curious about the history and origins of white chicken chili, it’s believed to have originated in the southwestern United States, with influences from Mexican cuisine. It has since become a popular comfort food, known for its creamy texture and savory flavors.
Now that you know how to make a delicious pot of white chicken chili, let’s move on to the next section for some tips on how to perfectly season it.
Tips for Perfectly Seasoned White Chicken Chili
For a truly flavorful and well-balanced white chicken chili, make sure to use a variety of spices and herbs, such as cumin, paprika, and cilantro. These ingredients will add depth and complexity to your dish, ensuring that every spoonful is bursting with flavor. However, it’s important to note that not everyone enjoys the same level of spiciness. To adjust the spice level in your white chicken chili, simply add more or less chili powder or jalapenos according to your taste preferences. If you’re looking for alternative protein options, consider substituting the chicken with turkey, pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian twist. No matter what protein you choose, the combination of spices and herbs will create a delicious and satisfying white chicken chili that is sure to please everyone at the table.
|Tips for Perfectly Seasoned White Chicken Chili|
|– Use a variety of spices and herbs|
|– Adjust the spice level according to taste|
|– Consider alternative protein options|
|– Experiment with different combinations|
|– Taste and adjust seasoning as needed|
Serving Suggestions for White Chicken Chili
To enhance the overall dining experience, consider garnishing your white chicken chili with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. This will add a creamy and tangy element to the chili, while the cilantro will provide a burst of freshness.
But why stop there? Take your white chicken chili to the next level with these exciting toppings options:
Shredded cheese: Whether it’s cheddar, Monterey Jack, or pepper jack, a generous sprinkle of cheese on top of your chili will melt and create a delightful gooey layer.
Diced avocado: Creamy and buttery, avocado pairs perfectly with the spicy flavors of the chili, adding a cooling and rich element to each bite.
Squeeze of lime: A squeeze of fresh lime juice will add a zesty and citrusy twist to your chili, balancing out the flavors and bringing a bright and refreshing note.
Tortilla strips: Crunchy and golden, tortilla strips make for a fantastic topping that adds texture and a hint of saltiness to your chili.
As for side dish pairings, consider serving your white chicken chili with warm cornbread or a side of tortilla chips for dipping. These options complement the flavors of the chili and provide a satisfying contrast in texture.
Enjoy your chili with these toppings and sides for a truly delicious and satisfying meal.
Variations and Additions to White Chicken Chili Recipe
If you occasionally crave a little extra heat and spice in your white chicken chili, but still want to maintain its creamy and comforting base, consider adding a small amount of diced jalapenos and a pinch of cayenne pepper for a subtle kick. These additions will elevate the flavor profile of the dish without overpowering it.
If you prefer a spicier version, you can increase the amount of jalapenos and cayenne pepper to suit your taste. On the other hand, if you prefer a milder chili, you can omit the jalapenos altogether and reduce or omit the cayenne pepper.
Additionally, for those who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet, you can easily make a plant-based alternative to white chicken chili by substituting the chicken with white beans or tofu. Simply adjust the seasonings and spices accordingly to create a delicious and satisfying vegan or vegetarian version of this classic dish.
- Calories: 380
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 980mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 26g
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Substitute the Chicken With Another Type of Meat in This White Chicken Chili Recipe?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken with beef or tofu in this recipe. Beef will add a hearty flavor, while tofu will provide a vegetarian option. Experiment and choose the option that suits your taste preferences.
Can I Make This White Chicken Chili Recipe Vegetarian by Using Plant-Based Protein Instead of Chicken?
Looking to make the white chicken chili vegetarian? No problem! You can swap the chicken for plant-based protein like tofu or tempeh. To add flavor, season the protein with spices like cumin and chili powder. Enjoy your hearty, meat-free chili!
How Can I Make This White Chicken Chili Recipe Gluten-Free?
To make the white chicken chili recipe gluten-free, you can use gluten-free alternatives for ingredients like flour and broth. Additionally, you can replace the chicken with alternative protein sources like tofu, beans, or plant-based meat substitutes.
Can I Freeze the Leftovers of This White Chicken Chili Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of this white chicken chili recipe. It’s a great way to save time and have a delicious meal on hand. If you’re looking for alternative proteins for chili, try ground turkey or vegetarian options like tofu or beans.
What Are Some Common Garnishes or Toppings That Go Well With This White Chicken Chili Recipe?
To add a kick to your white chicken chili, try common garnishes like shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, and fresh cilantro. These toppings will enhance the flavors and make your chili even more delicious. Enjoy!
How Does the Chicken Chaap Recipe Compare to Calhoun’s White Chicken Chili Recipe?
The bengali chicken chaap recipe and Calhoun’s White Chicken Chili recipe offer contrasting flavors and culinary experiences. While the Chicken Chaap boasts rich and aromatic Indian spices with tender chicken, the White Chicken Chili presents a delightful fusion of white beans, chicken, and mild peppers. Both recipes are delicious, but they cater to different taste preferences and cultural inspirations.
In conclusion, Calhoun’s White Chicken Chili recipe is a delightful combination of flavors that will warm your soul. The tender chunks of chicken, creamy white beans, and aromatic spices come together to create a comforting and satisfying dish.
With each spoonful, you can almost imagine yourself sitting by a crackling fire on a chilly winter evening, enveloped in the cozy aroma of this delicious chili.
So why not give this recipe a try and indulge in a bowl of pure culinary delight?