Get ready to dance with a bowl of Cha Cha White Chicken Chili!
This zesty, flavorful recipe will have your taste buds grooving and your stomach singing.
From the tender chunks of chicken to the creamy, spicy broth, every spoonful is a taste sensation.
With simple ingredients and easy instructions, you’ll be whipping up this crowd-pleasing dish in no time.
So put on your apron and get ready to savor the freedom of delicious homemade chili.
Let’s cha cha!
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Cha Cha White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 3 Ingredients for Cha Cha White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 4 Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
- 5 Tips for Perfectly Seasoning Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
- 6 Serving Suggestions for Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
- 7 Variations and Additions to Customize Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Use Ground Chicken Instead of Diced Chicken in This Recipe?
- 9.2 How Long Does It Take to Cook Cha Cha White Chicken Chili in a Slow Cooker?
- 9.3 Can I Substitute Canned White Beans With Dried Beans in This Recipe?
- 9.4 Can I Make Cha Cha White Chicken Chili Ahead of Time and Freeze It?
- 9.5 What Are Some Recommended Garnishes for Serving Cha Cha White Chicken Chili?
- 10 What Makes Calhoun’s White Chicken Chili Recipe Unique Compared to Cha Cha’s Recipe?
- 11 Conclusion
- Cha Cha White Chicken Chili is made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chili peppers, white beans, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and spices like cumin, oregano, and paprika.
- The recipe involves cooking the onions and garlic until translucent, adding diced chicken breast and cooking until no longer pink, stirring in green chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper, and simmering with chicken broth before adding white beans and corn.
- Tips for perfectly seasoning the chili include using a combination of spices, adjusting seasoning to taste, adding jalapenos or cayenne pepper for heat, and balancing flavors with sour cream and garnishes like shredded cheese, diced avocado, cilantro, and lime.
- Serving suggestions include topping the chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions, serving with cornbread or tortilla chips, adding a side of cornbread to soak up flavors, and using tortilla chips for scooping and crunch.
Cha Cha White Chicken Chili RecipeCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Tex-MexDifficulty: Easy
When the weather turns chilly, there's nothing quite like a steaming bowl of hearty chili to warm you up from the inside out. Our Cha Cha White Chicken Chili is a delightful twist on the classic chili recipe. It's creamy, flavorful, and loaded with tender chicken and spices that will make your taste buds dance with joy. Whether you're hosting a gathering or just craving a comforting meal, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser that's easy to make.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cubed chicken to the pot. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the white beans, diced green chilies, ground cumin, dried oregano, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes, allowing the chili to thicken.
- Add the frozen corn kernels and heavy cream, then continue simmering for an additional 10 minutes.
Ingredients for Cha Cha White Chicken Chili Recipe
You’ll need several ingredients to make Cha Cha White Chicken Chili. This flavorful dish combines the heat of different types of chili peppers with the health benefits of chicken chili.
To start, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, preferably organic for a tastier and healthier option. The chili peppers you choose can vary depending on your preference for spiciness. You can use jalapenos for a mild kick or habaneros for a fiery explosion of flavor.
Other essential ingredients include white beans, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and a blend of spices like cumin, oregano, and paprika. Don’t forget the garnishes like shredded cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro to add an extra layer of deliciousness.
With these ingredients, you’ll be on your way to creating a mouthwatering Cha Cha White Chicken Chili that will satisfy your taste buds and provide numerous health benefits.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
To begin making Cha Cha White Chicken Chili, first, gather all of your ingredients and prepare them for cooking. Here are the step-by-step instructions and cooking techniques to guide you through the process:
- Step 1: Start by heating olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Step 2: Add chopped onions and garlic, cooking until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Step 3: Next, add the diced chicken breast and cook until it’s no longer pink.
- Step 4: Stir in the green chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Step 5: Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Step 6: Add the white beans and corn, allowing them to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Step 7: Finally, stir in the sour cream and lime juice, and let the chili simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
By following these step-by-step instructions and using these cooking techniques, you’ll be able to create a delicious and flavorful Cha Cha White Chicken Chili that will satisfy your cravings.
Enjoy the freedom of experimenting with different spices and adjusting the heat level to your liking.
Tips for Perfectly Seasoning Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
For the best flavor, season your Cha Cha White Chicken Chili with a combination of spices and herbs, such as cumin and oregano, and be sure to taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. The right amount of seasoning can take your chili from ordinary to extraordinary.
If you want to add some heat to your chili, try adding some jalapenos or a pinch of cayenne pepper. To make it milder, you can reduce the amount of spices or add a dollop of sour cream to balance out the flavors.
As for toppings, the possibilities are endless! Some popular options include shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. These toppings can add a burst of freshness and creaminess to your chili.
Now that you’ve seasoned your chili to perfection, let’s move on to the next step – serving suggestions for Cha Cha White Chicken Chili.
Serving Suggestions for Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
To elevate your Cha Cha White Chicken Chili, consider adding some toppings and serving it with a side of cornbread or tortilla chips. These delicious additions will enhance the flavors and add some crunch to your meal.
Here are some serving suggestions to make your chili experience even more enjoyable:
Shredded cheese: Sprinkle some cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese on top of your chili for a creamy and savory touch.
Sour cream: A dollop of sour cream adds a cool and tangy element to the spicy chili.
Chopped green onions: The fresh and crisp taste of green onions complements the chili perfectly.
Cornbread: Serve warm cornbread on the side to soak up the delicious flavors of the chili.
Tortilla chips: Crispy tortilla chips are great for scooping up the chili and adding a satisfying crunch.
Variations and Additions to Customize Cha Cha White Chicken Chili
If you want to switch up the flavors of your Cha Cha White Chicken Chili, try experimenting with different spices and herbs.
There are so many options to choose from, allowing you to create a chili that suits your taste perfectly.
Start by exploring different types of chili powder, such as chipotle or ancho, to give your dish a smoky or earthy flavor.
For a spicier kick, add some cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
If you prefer a milder chili, consider adding some fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley to brighten the flavors.
You can also experiment with different cooking techniques, such as slow-cooking the chicken for a more tender texture or adding roasted vegetables for added depth.
The possibilities are endless, so have fun and let your creativity shine in customizing your Cha Cha White Chicken Chili.
- Calories: Approximately 400 kcal
- Protein: Approximately 28g
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 30g
- Dietary Fiber: Approximately 6g
- Sugars: Approximately 2g
- Fat: Approximately 20g
- Saturated Fat: Approximately 10g
- Cholesterol: Approximately 90mg
- Sodium: Approximately 900mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Ground Chicken Instead of Diced Chicken in This Recipe?
Yes, you can use ground chicken instead of diced chicken in this recipe. Ground chicken will have a different taste and texture, but it will still work well in the chili. Just make sure to cook it thoroughly and break it up into small pieces for even distribution.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Cha Cha White Chicken Chili in a Slow Cooker?
In a slow cooker, the cooking time for Cha Cha White Chicken Chili can vary. However, on average, it takes about 4-6 hours on low heat or 2-3 hours on high heat to fully cook and develop the flavors.
Can I Substitute Canned White Beans With Dried Beans in This Recipe?
Yes, you can substitute canned white beans with dried beans in this recipe. Soak the dried beans overnight and cook them according to package instructions before adding them to the chili for a hearty and flavorful twist.
Can I Make Cha Cha White Chicken Chili Ahead of Time and Freeze It?
Yes, you can make Cha Cha White Chicken Chili ahead of time and freeze it. This allows you to have a delicious and convenient meal whenever you desire. Just thaw and reheat for a quick and satisfying dinner.
What Are Some Recommended Garnishes for Serving Cha Cha White Chicken Chili?
To enhance the flavors of cha cha white chicken chili, try these recommended garnishes. Sprinkle some shredded cheese for a creamy touch. Top it off with a dollop of sour cream and a handful of fresh cilantro. Enjoy the freedom of deliciousness!
What Makes Calhoun’s White Chicken Chili Recipe Unique Compared to Cha Cha’s Recipe?
Calhoun’s white chicken chili recipe stands apart from Cha Cha’s Recipe in terms of taste and flavor. With its perfect blend of spices and a creamy white base, this chili recipe creates a unique and irresistible combination. Whether it’s the choice of ingredients or the cooking technique, Calhoun’s recipe gives a distinctive twist to white chicken chili that sets it apart from Cha Cha’s version.
In conclusion, Cha Cha White Chicken Chili is a delicious and comforting dish that will warm your soul. With its creamy texture, flavorful spices, and tender chicken, it’s the perfect meal for chilly nights.
So why wait? Whip up a batch of this mouthwatering chili and let its aromatic aroma fill your home. Remember, good things come to those who wait, but great things come to those who cook!