Imagine savoring a mouthwatering dish bursting with flavors that dance on your taste buds.
Look no further than Lidia Balsamic Chicken Stir Fry. This delectable recipe combines tender chicken, crisp vegetables, and a rich balsamic glaze for a meal that will tantalize your senses.
With its easy-to-follow steps and delightful results, this dish is perfect for those seeking a culinary adventure and the freedom to indulge in deliciousness.
Get ready to elevate your cooking skills and enjoy a truly satisfying meal.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Lidia Balsamic Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Preparing the Chicken
- 5 Stir-Frying the Vegetables
- 6 Making the Balsamic Glaze
- 7 Serving and Enjoying the Dish
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can I Use a Different Type of Meat Instead of Chicken in This Recipe?
- 9.2 How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken Before Cooking?
- 9.3 Is It Necessary to Use a Wok for Stir-Frying the Vegetables, or Can I Use a Regular Frying Pan?
- 9.4 Can I Substitute the Balsamic Glaze With a Different Type of Sauce?
- 9.5 Can I Add Additional Spices or Herbs to Enhance the Flavor of the Dish?
- 10 Conclusion
- Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes to enhance its flavor.
- Use a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, snap peas, and mushrooms for a colorful and nutritious stir fry.
- Cook the vegetables until they are crisp-tender to maintain their texture and flavor.
- Prepare a balsamic glaze by reducing balsamic vinegar until thick and syrupy, then drizzle it over the cooked chicken and vegetables for added flavor.
Lidia Balsamic Chicken Stir Fry RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: Asian-InspiredDifficulty: Easy
When you're looking for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, Lidia's Balsamic Chicken Stir-Fry is the answer. This recipe combines the bold flavors of balsamic vinegar, tender chicken, and vibrant vegetables into a harmonious stir-fry that will leave your taste buds dancing. Whether you're a seasoned home cook or just starting your culinary journey, this dish is easy to prepare and sure to impress. Let's dive into the details of this irresistible stir-fry!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cooked rice or noodles for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch. Set this sauce aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken strips to the skillet. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir-fry the chicken until it's no longer pink in the center, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add a bit more oil if needed, and then add the sliced red and green bell peppers and broccoli florets. Stir-fry these vegetables for about 4-5 minutes or until they're tender-crisp.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet with the vegetables. Pour the balsamic sauce over everything.
- Stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve the Balsamic Chicken Stir-Fry over cooked rice or noodles.
To make Lidia’s Balsamic Chicken Stir Fry, gather the following ingredients.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 pound. Make sure to trim any excess fat and slice the chicken into thin strips.
Red bell pepper and a yellow bell pepper, both thinly sliced. These vibrant peppers will add a pop of color and a crisp texture to your stir fry.
About 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms to enhance the umami flavor.
Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, minced garlic, and grated ginger. These ingredients will create a rich, sweet, and tangy flavor profile.
Cornstarch and vegetable oil for thickening and stir-frying.
Now that you have all these ingredients ready, let’s move on to the cooking techniques and flavor variations.
Preparing the Chicken
Trim the excess fat from the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and slice them into thin strips.
To prepare the chicken for this delicious balsamic stir fry, follow these simple steps:
Marinating Process: Place the chicken strips in a bowl and marinate them for at least 30 minutes. This will infuse the meat with the flavors of the balsamic sauce and make it tender and juicy.
Cooking Techniques: There are a few cooking techniques you can use for this recipe. You can either pan-fry the chicken strips in a hot skillet until they’re golden brown and cooked through, or you can grill them for a smoky flavor.
Seasoning: Before cooking the chicken, season it with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices. This will enhance the taste and bring out the flavors of the dish.
Timing: Keep an eye on the chicken while cooking to ensure it doesn’t overcook and become dry. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken strips.
Resting Time: After cooking, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before adding it to the stir fry. This will allow the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more flavorful and succulent dish.
Now that you have prepared the chicken, it’s time to move on to stir-frying the vegetables.
Stir-Frying the Vegetables
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add oil to start stir-frying the vegetables. Stir-frying is a quick and healthy cooking method that preserves the nutrients and flavors of the vegetables.
You have the freedom to choose a variety of vegetables for your stir fry, such as bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, snap peas, and mushrooms. These vegetables add color, texture, and a burst of freshness to your dish.
When it comes to choosing the best oil for stir frying, opt for oils with a high smoke point, such as peanut oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil. These oils can withstand high heat without breaking down and impart a neutral flavor to your stir fry.
Now that your wok is sizzling, it’s time to toss in the vegetables and let them cook until they’re crisp-tender. This will create a delightful contrast of textures in your stir fry. As the vegetables cook, their flavors will intensify and mingle together, creating a mouthwatering aroma that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
With the vegetables beautifully stir-fried, it’s time to move on to the next step: making the balsamic glaze.
Making the Balsamic Glaze
Once the vegetables are stir-fried to perfection, it’s time for you to move on to the next step: making the balsamic glaze. This sweet and tangy glaze will add a burst of flavor to your chicken stir fry. Here’s how to make it:
- Start by reducing balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat until it becomes thick and syrupy.
- Add brown sugar to the reduced vinegar and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Allow the glaze to cool slightly before using it in your stir fry.
Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the cooked chicken and vegetables, giving them a glossy finish and enhancing their flavors. Feel free to adjust the sweetness of the glaze by adding more or less brown sugar according to your taste.
Serving and Enjoying the Dish
After creating the delicious balsamic glaze, how can you serve and enjoy the Lidia Balsamic Chicken Stir Fry?
Well, let’s start with plating the dish. Take a large serving platter and arrange the stir-fried chicken and vegetables in an appealing manner. For an elegant touch, drizzle some of the remaining balsamic glaze over the top. This will add a glossy finish and a burst of flavor.
If you want to get creative, you can also serve the stir-fry over a bed of steamed rice or noodles. The grains will soak up the savory sauce, creating a satisfying and filling meal.
Alternatively, you can serve it with crusty bread or a side of mixed greens for a lighter option. Whatever you choose, don’t forget to garnish with some fresh herbs or sesame seeds for an extra pop of color and texture.
Now, sit back, relax, and savor every bite of this delectable dish.
- Calories: 348 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Sodium: 491mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 18g
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use a Different Type of Meat Instead of Chicken in This Recipe?
Yes, you have the freedom to choose a different type of meat for this recipe. There are various options like beef, pork, or shrimp that can be used as alternatives. If you prefer a vegetarian option, tofu or tempeh would be great substitutes.
How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken Before Cooking?
You can marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes before cooking. If you want to try a different meat, go ahead! Just make sure to adjust the marinating time accordingly.
Is It Necessary to Use a Wok for Stir-Frying the Vegetables, or Can I Use a Regular Frying Pan?
You can use a regular frying pan instead of a wok for stir-frying vegetables, but there are benefits to using a wok. Its high sides and rounded shape allow for better heat distribution and tossing.
Can I Substitute the Balsamic Glaze With a Different Type of Sauce?
You have the freedom to explore different sauces for your stir fry. Consider trying soy sauce, teriyaki, or even a spicy peanut sauce. Don’t limit yourself – experiment and find your favorite!
Can I Add Additional Spices or Herbs to Enhance the Flavor of the Dish?
Yes, you can definitely add additional spices or herbs to enhance the flavor of the dish. It’s all about personal preference and experimenting with different combinations to create a taste that suits your palate perfectly. Enjoy exploring the world of flavors!
In just a few easy steps, you can create a mouthwatering and flavorful lidia balsamic chicken stir fry that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
The combination of tender chicken, crisp vegetables, and tangy balsamic glaze creates a symphony of flavors that will delight your senses.
Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or simply treating yourself to a delicious meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
So grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a truly delectable dish!