Are you craving a delicious and flavorful chicken dish that fits your kosher diet? Look no further than this mouthwatering kosher sesame chicken recipe!
Picture yourself sinking your teeth into tender and juicy chicken, coated in a crunchy layer of sesame seeds. With each bite, you’ll experience a burst of nutty, savory flavors that will leave you wanting more.
Follow the simple steps in this recipe to create a dish that will satisfy your taste buds and give you the freedom to enjoy a kosher meal.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Kosher Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 3 Ingredients for Kosher Sesame Chicken
- 4 Preparing the Chicken
- 5 Coating the Chicken With Sesame Seeds
- 6 Baking the Sesame Chicken
- 7 Making the Sesame Glaze for the Chicken
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken in the Sesame Glaze?
- 9.2 Can I Substitute the Chicken With a Different Type of Meat, Such as Beef or Tofu?
- 9.3 Can I Use Regular Sesame Seeds Instead of Kosher Sesame Seeds?
- 9.4 What Is the Recommended Serving Size for the Kosher Sesame Chicken?
- 9.5 Can I Make the Sesame Glaze in Advance and Store It in the Refrigerator?
- 10 Conclusion
- Boneless chicken breasts can be marinated with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and honey for a flavorful Kosher Sesame Chicken Recipe.
- Coating the chicken with a mixture of egg and flour and adding sesame seeds can provide a crunchy and nutty flavor to the dish.
- Baking the coated chicken at 400°F (200°C) for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) can ensure a perfectly cooked Kosher Sesame Chicken.
- The sesame glaze, prepared after baking the chicken, adds a sweet and tangy flavor and can be used in various other dishes like roasted vegetables, grilled tofu, stir-fried noodles, and salmon. The sweetness level of the glaze can be adjusted with soy sauce or vinegar.
Kosher Sesame Chicken RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: Asian, KosherDifficulty: Easy
If you're looking for a delicious kosher chicken recipe that's easy to prepare and bursting with flavor, our Crispy Kosher Sesame Chicken is the answer. This dish combines the classic appeal of sesame chicken with kosher ingredients, making it suitable for various dietary preferences. With its irresistible crunchy texture and a sweet and savory glaze, this recipe is perfect for a family dinner or a special gathering. In this article, we'll walk you through the ingredients, step-by-step directions, and even answer some common questions about this mouthwatering kosher sesame chicken.
For the Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless kosher chicken breasts
1 cup kosher all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 cup kosher panko breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Sesame Glaze:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce (make sure it's kosher)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In three separate shallow bowls, place the kosher flour in one, beaten eggs in the second, and the panko breadcrumbs in the third.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip each breast into the flour, ensuring they're coated evenly. Next, dip them into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off, and finally, coat them with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sesame glaze. In a saucepan, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, and sesame seeds. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done baking, remove it from the oven and dip each breast into the sesame glaze, ensuring they're well-coated. Place them back on the baking sheet and return to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Serve your Crispy Kosher Sesame Chicken hot, garnished with additional sesame seeds and a side of steamed rice or vegetables.
Ingredients for Kosher Sesame Chicken
To make Kosher Sesame Chicken, you’ll need several key ingredients.
First and foremost, you’ll require boneless chicken breasts, as they’re the heart of this delicious dish.
Next, you’ll need soy sauce for that rich umami flavor that makes this recipe so irresistible.
Don’t forget the honey, which adds a touch of sweetness to balance out the savory elements.
Sesame oil is another essential ingredient, as it imparts a distinct nutty aroma and taste.
And of course, sesame seeds are a must-have for that signature crunch and visual appeal.
To enhance the flavors, you’ll need minced garlic and ginger, which bring a delightful warmth to the dish.
Lastly, cornstarch will be used to thicken the sauce and create a glossy texture.
With these ingredients, you’re ready to embark on a culinary adventure and create a mouthwatering Kosher Sesame Chicken that will leave you craving for more.
Preparing the Chicken
To begin preparing the chicken for your Kosher Sesame Chicken recipe, start by trimming any excess fat from the boneless chicken breasts. This will ensure that your chicken is lean and tender. Once the fat is removed, you can proceed with marinating the chicken.
Marinating is a crucial step as it infuses the chicken with flavor and helps to tenderize it further. You can use a simple marinade consisting of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and a touch of honey. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight for maximum flavor.
After marinating, you have several different cooking methods to choose from. You can grill the chicken for a smoky flavor, bake it for a healthier option, or even stir-fry it for a quick and easy meal. The choice is yours!
Once the chicken is cooked to perfection, you can then proceed to the next step of coating it with sesame seeds.
Coating the Chicken With Sesame Seeds
Now it’s time for you to coat the chicken with sesame seeds using a mixture of egg and flour.
Coating the chicken with sesame seeds not only adds a delightful crunch but also imparts a nutty flavor that complements the dish perfectly.
The benefits of using sesame seeds as a coating for chicken are numerous. Sesame seeds are packed with essential nutrients like calcium, iron, and magnesium, which are vital for maintaining a healthy body. Additionally, they’re a great source of healthy fats and antioxidants.
The unique texture and taste of sesame seeds make them a versatile ingredient that can be incorporated into various recipes. You can sprinkle sesame seeds on salads, stir them into sauces, or even use them as a topping for baked goods.
Baking the Sesame Chicken
Once you have coated the chicken with sesame seeds, it’s time to bake it to perfection. Follow these steps to ensure a delicious and crispy result:
Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). The high temperature will help to achieve a golden brown crust on the chicken.
Place the coated chicken pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave enough space between the pieces for even cooking.
Bake the chicken for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). This ensures that the chicken is cooked through and safe to eat.
For extra crispiness, you can adjust the temperature to broil for the last few minutes. Keep a close eye on the chicken to prevent burning.
Once the chicken is baked to perfection, it’s time to move on to making the sesame glaze.
Making the Sesame Glaze for the Chicken
After baking the sesame chicken to perfection, you can now move on to preparing the sesame glaze. This glaze will add a delicious sweet and tangy flavor to your chicken, elevating it to a whole new level. The sesame glaze can also be used in various other dishes, giving them a unique and irresistible taste.
Here are a few ideas:
Glaze roasted vegetables: Drizzle the sesame glaze over roasted carrots, Brussels sprouts, or broccoli for a flavorful twist.
Glaze grilled tofu: Brush the glaze onto grilled tofu slices for a vegetarian option bursting with flavor.
Glaze stir-fried noodles: Toss cooked noodles with the sesame glaze for a quick and tasty meal.
Glaze salmon: Brush the glaze onto grilled or baked salmon fillets for a delightful combination of flavors.
If you find the sesame glaze too sweet, you can easily adjust the sweetness level. Simply add a bit of soy sauce or vinegar to balance out the flavors. Experiment with different ratios until you achieve the perfect balance for your taste buds. So go ahead, have fun with the sesame glaze and explore the endless possibilities it offers.
- Calories: 368 per serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 1007mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 28g
- Protein: 37g
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take to Marinate the Chicken in the Sesame Glaze?
You’ll want to marinate the chicken in the sesame glaze for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors soak in. If you prefer, you can also use alternative meat options like tofu or tempeh.
Can I Substitute the Chicken With a Different Type of Meat, Such as Beef or Tofu?
Sure, you can totally substitute the chicken with beef or tofu in the recipe! The sesame glaze will still add a delicious flavor. Experiment and find the option that suits your taste buds best. Enjoy your meal!
Can I Use Regular Sesame Seeds Instead of Kosher Sesame Seeds?
Yes, you can use regular sesame seeds instead of kosher sesame seeds. Regular sesame seeds may have a slightly different flavor, but they are more widely available and cost-effective.
What Is the Recommended Serving Size for the Kosher Sesame Chicken?
The recommended serving size for the kosher sesame chicken is one cup. It’s important to note that the nutritional information may vary depending on the ingredients used and the method of preparation. Enjoy!
Can I Make the Sesame Glaze in Advance and Store It in the Refrigerator?
Yes, you can make the sesame glaze in advance and store it in the refrigerator. This allows you to save time and have the glaze ready whenever you’re ready to cook the kosher sesame chicken.
Savor the succulent sensation of this sensational kosher sesame chicken recipe.
The crispy coating, coated with captivating sesame seeds, creates a crunchy chorus of flavors.
Baked to perfection, the chicken emerges from the oven with a golden glow.
Drizzle it with the tantalizing sesame glaze, transforming it into a dish that will have your taste buds tap dancing.
Make this marvelous meal and let your palate be pampered with a symphony of savory satisfaction.