Craving a taste of comfort and freedom? Look no further than this mouthwatering Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel recipe. With flaky crust and creamy filling, this dish will transport you to a place of pure delight.
Whip it up in your own kitchen and savor the flavors of a beloved classic. Get ready to enjoy a slice of culinary freedom that’ll leave you wanting more.
Let’s dive in!
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe
- 3 Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe
- 4 Preparing the Flaky Crust for Chicken Pot Pie
- 5 Making the Creamy Filling for Chicken Pot Pie
- 6 Assembling and Baking the Chicken Pot Pie
- 7 Serving and Enjoying Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Style
- 8 Nutritional Facts:-
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 How Many Servings Does the Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe Yield?
- 9.2 Can I Substitute the All-Purpose Flour in the Flaky Crust With Another Type of Flour?
- 9.3 Can I Use Store-Bought Pie Crust Instead of Making the Flaky Crust From Scratch?
- 9.4 How Long Does It Take to Bake the Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Style?
- 9.5 Can I Freeze the Chicken Pot Pie for Later Consumption?
- 10 Can I Use the Coals Recipe for Chicken Pot Pie?
- 11 Conclusion
- The Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe includes diced chicken, carrots, peas, and potatoes for a medley of vegetables.
- The crust for the pot pie can be made with all-purpose flour, salt, and cold unsalted butter, and alternative options like puff pastry or biscuits can be used as well.
- The creamy filling is made by melting butter, cooking diced onions, creating a roux with flour, and slowly adding chicken broth and milk while whisking continuously.
- The assembled pot pie is baked at 400°F (200°C) for the first 15 minutes to achieve a crispy crust, and it can be served with creamy mashed potatoes and a warm biscuit.
Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel RecipeCourse: main courseCuisine: americanDifficulty: intermediate
There's something undeniably comforting about a warm slice of Chicken Pot Pie, and when it comes to comfort food, Cracker Barrel's rendition is legendary. Now, you can bring that heartwarming essence right into your own kitchen with our Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe. This classic dish is the epitome of comfort, offering a medley of tender chicken, wholesome vegetables, and a velvety sauce, all encased in a flaky, golden crust.
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
For the Crust:
1 package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large skillet, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and celery, cooking until they become tender.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, dried thyme, and dried sage. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is well combined and slightly golden.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add the diced chicken and frozen mixed vegetables to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook until everything is heated through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
- Unroll one pie crust and place it in the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable mixture into the pie crust.
- Unroll the second pie crust and place it on top of the filling. Trim any excess crust and crimp the edges to seal the pie.
- Cut small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe
You will need the following ingredients for the Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel recipe. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the variations of this classic dish that will surely ignite your sense of freedom.
To start off, gather boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces, and a medley of your favorite vegetables such as carrots, peas, and potatoes. Don’t forget the creamy goodness of chicken broth and heavy cream to create a luscious sauce that will envelop your ingredients.
Now, let’s talk about the star of the show, the crust. While the traditional recipe calls for a flaky pie crust, feel free to explore alternative options like puff pastry or even a biscuit topping for a unique twist. The possibilities are endless, and with each variation, you’ll discover a new sense of culinary freedom.
Preparing the Flaky Crust for Chicken Pot Pie
To prepare the flaky crust for your chicken pot pie, gather two and a half cups of all-purpose flour, half a teaspoon of salt, and half a cup of cold unsalted butter. Follow these tips for achieving a perfectly flaky pastry:
Start by combining the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make sure to whisk them together thoroughly, ensuring even distribution of the salt.
Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add them to the flour mixture. Using your fingertips or a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Gradually add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, while gently mixing the dough. Stop adding water once the dough starts to come together. Be careful not to overmix, as it can result in a tough crust.
Making the Creamy Filling for Chicken Pot Pie
To make the creamy filling for your chicken pot pie, gather the necessary ingredients and follow these simple steps.
There are many variations of chicken pot pie fillings, but the key is to create a smooth and creamy texture that will melt in your mouth. Start by melting butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add diced onions and cook until they become translucent. Then, add flour and cook for a minute to create a roux. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk until the mixture thickens. This is the base for your creamy filling.
To achieve a smooth and creamy pot pie filling, make sure to whisk continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Season with salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs or spices.
Once the filling reaches the desired consistency, remove from heat and let it cool slightly before adding it to your pot pie.
Assembling and Baking the Chicken Pot Pie
Next, carefully and evenly layer the cooked chicken and vegetables on top of the creamy filling, and then cover it with the second pie crust. This step is crucial for creating a delicious and visually appealing chicken pot pie.
Here are some tips for achieving a golden brown crust on your chicken pot pie:
Brush the top crust with an egg wash made of beaten egg and a splash of milk. This will give the crust a shiny and golden finish.
Place the pie dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips and prevent them from burning on the bottom of your oven.
Bake the pie at a high temperature, around 400°F (200°C), for the first 15 minutes to ensure a crispy crust.
While the classic chicken and vegetable filling is always a crowd-pleaser, don’t be afraid to experiment with alternative fillings. Consider trying combinations like sausage and mushroom, or even a seafood medley for a unique twist.
Once your chicken pot pie is baked to perfection, it’s time to serve and enjoy it Cracker Barrel style.
Serving and Enjoying Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Style
Now, dig into the deliciousness of Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel style by serving it up with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and a warm biscuit. The combination of the flaky crust, savory filling, and comforting sides will have your taste buds dancing with delight.
Picture yourself sitting down to a plate filled with a steaming slice of chicken pot pie, velvety mashed potatoes, and a fluffy biscuit. It’s a meal that brings comfort and satisfaction.
To make things even better, here are some tips for reheating leftover chicken pot pie:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the pie in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
If you want to switch things up and try some variations with the classic chicken pot pie recipe, here are a few ideas:
- Add some diced ham or cooked bacon for an extra flavor boost.
- Swap the traditional pie crust for puff pastry for a flakier and more indulgent twist.
- Experiment with different vegetables like mushrooms, peas, or carrots to add variety to the filling.
- Calories: Approximately 450-500 calories
- Protein: Approximately 20-25 grams
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 30-35 grams
- Fat: Approximately 25-30 grams
- Saturated Fat: Approximately 10-12 grams
- Fiber: Approximately 2-3 grams
- Sugar: Approximately 3-4 grams
- Sodium: Approximately 600-700 milligrams
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Servings Does the Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Recipe Yield?
To make a gluten-free version of the chicken pot pie Cracker Barrel recipe, you can substitute gluten-free flour for regular flour. As for other vegetables, you can add carrots, peas, corn, or even mushrooms to the filling. Enjoy your homemade pot pie!
Can I Substitute the All-Purpose Flour in the Flaky Crust With Another Type of Flour?
Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour in the flaky crust with another type of flour. There are gluten-free alternatives available, such as almond flour or rice flour, that can achieve a similar texture and taste.
Can I Use Store-Bought Pie Crust Instead of Making the Flaky Crust From Scratch?
Sure, you can definitely use a store-bought pie crust instead of making the flaky crust from scratch. It’s a convenient option that saves time and effort, giving you the freedom to focus on other aspects of your delicious chicken pot pie.
How Long Does It Take to Bake the Chicken Pot Pie Cracker Barrel Style?
To bake the chicken pot pie Cracker Barrel style, you’ll need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook it for about 30-35 minutes. The exact baking time may vary, so keep an eye on it to ensure it’s cooked to perfection.
Can I Freeze the Chicken Pot Pie for Later Consumption?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken pot pie for later consumption. Freezing offers the benefit of preserving its delicious flavors. When reheating, simply follow the instructions provided to ensure a warm and satisfying meal. Enjoy your freedom to enjoy it anytime!
Can I Use the Coals Recipe for Chicken Pot Pie?
Wondering if the coals recipe is suitable for a chicken pot pie? Absolutely! Transform your traditional chicken pot pie with this unique aq chicken recipe. Infused with smoky flavors from coals, your chicken pot pie will have a delightful twist that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Get ready to indulge in a taste of nostalgia with this chicken pot pie Cracker Barrel recipe.
With a flaky crust that melts in your mouth and a creamy filling that’s packed with flavor, this dish will transport you back to the good old days.
Whether you’re craving comfort food or simply want to impress your guests, this homemade chicken pot pie is sure to satisfy.
So grab your apron and get ready to enjoy a slice of Cracker Barrel goodness.